25

Two Weeks Later

Kalani | Home

I've been sick like a cow

I've been sick like a cow. I've been throwing up, feeling fatigue, sleeping a lot, my breast has been hurting a lot. I know those are signs of pregnancy but some of them are also signs of my period and I'm hoping that they are just signs of my period.

Honestly, right now I cannot afford a baby. It's not the fact that I don't have the money, because I do. I have enough money to support me and my baby a lifetime, it's just the fact that I don't have the time. I mean, I'm in school. I'm also working. I'm helping take care of my parents, it's just a lot going on right now, I cannot add a baby to it. I would hate to have a baby and barely have the time for it. They grow up feeling neglected, it would really break my heart and I don't think I need any more heart break.

I was currently sitting on the bathroom floor with my head on the toilet seat. It was so quiet in my house that you could hear a pen drop all the way downstairs, so that is how I heard my door open.

Well, that and the alarm system saying the front door opened. I heard it get disarmed and keys jiggle, then I heard my best friend's voice.

Trinity and I made up because she forced me to, plus I was missing my bestfriend. Bali even apologized to me and she didn't even need to.

Trinity: She's probably upstairs, c'mon.

Damn it. I looked a hot mess right now and Trinity is in my house along with someone else, probably Bali.

I heard my bedroom door open and Trinity's voice.

Trinity: Lani? You here?

Me: Mhm.

I heard her shoes as they walked on my wooden floor towards my bathroom. I turned my head towards the doorway to see her come in with Bali behind her.

Bali: She'on look good.

Trinity came beside me and felt my forehead which wasn't warm or hot.

Trinity: Lani? What's wrong?

I wanted to start crying so bad. I could feel my eyes burning with the tears that wanted to come out.

Me: Trin, I-I did something bad and I th-think I'm paying the price for i-it.

Trinity: C'mon sweetie, let's get you up.

Her and Bali helped me up from the floor and to my bed.

Trinity: You want some tea or something?

I shook my head no quickly.

Me: No. I haven't been able to eat or drink anything all morning.

Trinity: Are you sick?

Me: I don't think so. I think it's karma.