4

Trinity | Bali's Hotel Room

She opened the door with a blunt in her hand

Me: I swear, if you're not smoking then your drinking.

She laughed.

Bali: Well what can I say. I like my shit.

I playfully rolled my eyes while sitting on her bed.

Bali: So, what was that shit wit' ya girl and Lucas?

Me: It's a long ass story.

Bali: Well I got time babygirl.

I nodded.

Me: Okay well, Lucas and Lani dated way before Amber and him. They actually dated while his fame was rising. Then it was time for him to move to Atlanta to pursue his career. They dated all the way to then. They technically are still dating but he broke a promise and moved on to Amber. Lani used to take promises very serious, but not she doesn't anymore and it's all because of fucking Lucas Coly.

Bali: That's fucked up. Were dey happy?

Me: As far as I was told yeah. Never had big arguments. No jealousy. Nothing to break them up. They dated from Sophomore year up until he moved.

Bali: So, three, maybe four years?

Me: Yeah.

Bali: Damn.

Me: Mhm.

She finished her blunt and came up to me and leaned down in my face.

Bali: I love you.

Me: I love you more.

Bali: Nah, nope.

Instead of replying, I brought her down on top of me so she was hovering over me.

Bali: You just love dis position.

Me: Maybe.

She laughed and got off of me.

Let me explain. I like Bali, but I don't think she likes me like that. Sure, we're friends but we've fucked around before and then our "relationship" has been sorta rocky ever since, but whatever. I still want her.

Bali: So, what you doin' today?

Me: Eating lunch with Lani. I sort of told her that you were coming me.

Bali: But I aint.

Me: Yeah but could you go?

Bali: Why don't she just come here?

Me: Because she's at work.

Bali: Jus' send Lucas instead.

Me: Why would I do that?