5

Kalani | Home

I worked until closing which was eight

I worked until closing which was eight. I went by the Chinese place and got my dinner with a ten-minute wait and just arrived home at 9:09. I was ready to just sit back, relax, eat my Chinese food, take a shower and then go to sleep. Tomorrow I had to open at seven and work until twelve. Luckily, I also get paid tomorrow.

I sighed and sat on my bed thinking about my break.

Who in the hell does Lucas think he is? He thinks he can just show up to my job and try to explain himself! He just thinks that he can leave me, break my heart then try to mend it only because he's here!? I think not! He had no right to show up to my job. When he noticed this wasn't going to work, he should've just ended it. It wouldn't have been this hurtful. He is just so, ugh! I mean I still do love Lucas but the shit he did blinds my love for him.

I tossed my phone down on the bed but something caught my eyes as it rolled off the bed and face first onto the floor. I grabbed my phone and looked at my clear glitter and stars iPhone x phone case. Inside my phone case was a piece of paper. I took the case off and read the paper.

Slick huh?
678-372-8568

No he didn't. I tried to rip the paper but couldn't bring myself to do so. I groaned and put it in my bedside drawer.

I was doing so well without him then he just pops back up and puts my life into a frenzy.

I sighed and began to eat my Chinese food. I heard my door open and Trinity singing. She popped up into my room with a smile on her face.

Trinity: Hey girl.

Me: Sup?

Trinity: Sup? Oh. What's wrong?

Me: Fucking Lucas is what's wrong!

Trinity: Lucas? What could he possibly do if you guys haven't spoken?

I looked at her as she sat at the bottom of my bed and opened my Lemonade.

Me: Well-

I dragged out my "well".

Me: He showed up at my job today.

Trinity: What? How did he even find out where you worked?

Me: I DONT KNOW! I really don't.

Trinity: Well what did he say?

Me: Basically, a bunch of bullshit.

I gave her a short summary of what happened.

Trinity: Wow, that's just crazy. He asked if he could make up two years up to you?

Me: Yeah. Stupid, right?

Trinity: Yeah. Nobody can make up two years to somebody.

Me: That's exactly what I told him! Then he slipped his number into my fucking phone case.