17

CAUTION : TRIGGER CHAPTER!

Kalani | Highway

I gave Adrian his money and now I was on the highway driving to Lucas's hotel

I swear, it felt so nice to drive my car again and not hear the clicking noise my axel used to make.

Me: The pictures cute?

Lucas: They aigh'. You look ugly but yanno.

I laughed and playfully punched his shoulder.

Me: Shut up, I looked cute, I bet.

Lucas: How about you look?

Me: I'm driving.

Lucas: Awe, don't tell me you forgot what we used ta do.

He said it mockingly.

Me: Never that. You probably did though.

Lucas: Fa two years, yea I did.

I playfully rolled my eyes and snatched the pictures from his hand. He took the wheel while I looked through the pictures while occasionally looking at the road.

DO NOT DO THIS, it took months, nearly years before Lucas and I were able to perfect that without nearly killing us or somebody else.

The first picture was when Lucas and I were walking out of Starbucks and he was carrying my black Nike bag. You could clearly see that my mom made sure to get the fact that we were matching. I was sipping my Frappuccino and he was looking the other way

The second picture was when we just got to the beach. I was looking out at the water and he was looking at me. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

The third picture was when we were coming back from changing. We were looking at each other. Of course he had a smirk on his face but I was laughing. Like full blown out laughing.

The fourth picture I knew my mom took because she told us to "say cheese". I was in the middle of eating my sub, so my eyes were wide open like I was in shock but of course Lucas was ready for the picture as how he held up some sign on his right hand and he made sure to show his damn grills. Stupid ass grills.

The fifth picture was when Lucas had picked me up from behind when I was about to stick my foot in the water. We were both laughing.

I didn't even see my mom move to get that picture.

The sixth picture was when I tackled him into the water. How mom captured it, it looked like I was some kind of sea monster because I was so blurry, but you could still clearly see it was me.

The seventh picture was when we were coming back from the ocean to where my parents sat. I looked like a drowned raccoon and Lucas of course looked good as hell.