21 : Short-ish Chapter

Kalani | Celebration Station

We left Celebration Station around eight because Lucas said he could tell I was getting sleepy

Which was true. I could barely keep my eyes open. I only had about twenty more minutes to drive but then I had to drive thirty more to my house. I was considering staying at Trinity's because I was too tired to continue driving and her place was only five minutes from the hotel that Lucas was staying at.

We were currently in the car going down the highway. I was driving and Lucas was texting on his phone.

I was trying to think of anything else besides the fact that I'm about to break my own damn heart but it's for the best. Lucas has a whole girlfriend and I'm beginning to feel like a damn side chick.

If the roles were reversed and Amber was the one doing the shit I was doing to her, I would probably try to kill her and Lucas and that is how I know this is wrong. Hella wrong.

I pulled in front of the hotel and put my Mercedes in park. I looked over at him as I leaned my head against the wheel.

Lucas: What's ya decision?

I went silent as I looked at my ex-boyfriend.

Me: It's still the same. I'm beginning to feel like a side chick, Lucas.

Lucas: But ya not.

Me: Yeah, only because we're not sleeping together.

He didn't say anything, he just nodded. I reached over and patted his cheek lightly.

Me: I love you, though.

Lucas: I love you too, Kalani.

He got out of my car and I watched him walk into the hotel.

My eyes began to burn, letting me know that I was about to cry. I started the engine while sniffling.

I didn't think this would hurt me a lot, but damn it did.

I pulled off and drove five minutes down the street to Trinity's place, hoping that she would be there. Even if she wasn't, I was "always welcome" as she told me when we first exchanged spare keys.

I pulled into her driveway and felt a bit of relief as I saw her Lexus sitting in the driveway. I parked beside it and got out. I went up to the door and unlocked it before going inside of the home.

Me: Trin!?

A few seconds later she came from the hall with a pair of shorts and a tank top of her body. Her hair was in a bun and she had on her "secretive" glasses.

Trinity: What's wrong?

Me: I cut all ties with Lucas.

She opened her arms and I went into them. She rubbed my back as I silently cried on her shoulder. She didn't say anything which I was kind of thankful for.

What felt like ten minutes later, she spoke softly.

Trinity: You want to stay here tonight?

I nodded.

Me: Pl-Please?

Trinity: No need to even ask. How does a Marvel marathon and ice cream night sound?

She knew me so well.

Me: You'd do that for me?

Trinity: I'd do anything for ya, just like you would for me.

Me: And this is why I love you.

She laughed as we pulled away from the hug.

Trinity: I love you too.

I wiped my face to try and dry the tears.

Trinity: How about you go get a shower and get comfortable, I'll set everything up, okay?

I nodded and headed down to hall to my bedroom.

After the shower, I was dressed in a long sleeve and shorts with some socks. I headed back out to the living room where Trinity was sitting on the couch with Bali, when the hell did she get here?

I looked at Trinity with a questioning look as she came me a huge smile.

Trinity: Bali's here.

I paused before replying.

Me: Yeah, I see that.

Trinity: I um invited her, I hope that's okay.

Damn, how long was I in the shower?

I shrugged.

Me: It's not my house.

I sat on the couch beside their love seat and looked for the remote that was in Bali's hand.

Trinity: Popcorn's on the table.

Me: I'm not that hungry, thanks.

I sighed and sat back with my arm wrapped around my knees. Trinity grabbed her tablet from the coffee table and cut the lights off while Bali started whatever we were watching.

A few moments into the movie, I recognized it as the Titanic.

What happened to Marvel and Ice Cream?

The Titanic was one of my favorite movies but right now it was making me mad. It made me mad that Rose's fiancé was an asshole. It made me mad that her mother wanted Rose to marry the guy because he was rich. It made me mad that Jack met Rose. Everything about this movie was making me mad.

What made me madder was the fact that Bali was here. I literally just broke my own heart and all I wanted was the comfort of my best friend and only my best friend. Not my best friend and Bali. If I wanted Bali here, I would've told Trinity to invite her.

I got so mad I didn't even want to be here, I wanted to be at my home. I got up off the couch and walked past them. I went into my room and slipped my feet back into my blue pumas from today. I snatched my keys and phone from the dresser and walked back out as Trinity was coming to the back. I walked past her and headed for the front door. I opened it and walked out, knowing Trinity was behind me.

Trinity: Kalani, wait. What's wrong?

I turned around which caused us to bump into each other.

Me: Did that seriously just say that?

Trinity: I don't understand.

Me: Well, let me break it down for you! I got my fucking heart broken, all I wanted was a night with my best friend, without your whatever she is to you! But no, you invite her over, tell me that we're watching Marvel and eating Ice Cream but that turns into the fucking titanic and popcorn. What the fuck would I want to watch a got damn romantic movie with my best friend and her whatever she is to you!?

Trinity was speechless.

Me: Exactly, if I wanted to be a third wheel, I'd go see Lucas and Amber.

I got in my car and got ready to shut the door but I heard Trinity's voice.

Trinity: Where are you going?

Me: Home.

I slammed the door and backed out of her driveway.

- - - -

Chapter 21.

Did Kalani over react to Trinity?

Leave comments and votes!