Chapter One- Artemis Black.

(You meet Remus in Chapter 6, but stick with it please xoxo)

"Artemis Ophelia Black!" Screeched my mothers, Druella Black's piercing voice.

The chandelier above my head shook slightly at the crippling tone, rattling with a clattering echo around the dark house. I tensed in my spot, the floorboards creaking under my feet. I heard her needle like heels storm up the stairs following the floorboards creak. I panicked hearing the snigger of my sister, Bellatrix's from the other room- if she found something funny, it meant it was bad news.

"You." My mother's sharp eyes focused on me, swinging the tall door open with a bang. She stormed towards me, grabbing both wrists in one claw like hand and pushed me against the wall "You freed the house elf?!" she spat in my face only inches away. My knees were weak with fear "ANSWER ME GIRL" she screamed in my now reddening face.

"I- well, yes he's old!" I protested, trying to be as brave as I could.

Her mouth tightened in a thin white line "Yes and I planned for him to die here serving us, not to retire" she hissed going pink in the face with anger. She threw my hands down from their restricted position and stepped back somewhat "I've had enough" she straightened out her skirt "I'm sending you to Hogwarts" she spluttered as if it was the worst scenario she could think of "but you DARE" she got closer again, shoving me up against the wall again with one powerful jab to the chest "You dare embarrass the Black family name like your good for nothing cousin Sirius did and I swear to you, you vile little girl that I will personally show you that Azkaban can be a kind place compared to what you'll experience here within these walls" she threatened sending a chill down my spine.

"Yes Mother" I whispered submitting to her stern gaze. She quickly stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Not long after Mother left a gangly, ball of curly hair slithered into the room, leaning against the wall with a huge smile upon her face "Not in the mood Bella" I rolled my eyes and flung myself on my bed making some of the pillows topple over and fall onto the dark wooden floor.

"Baby Arty got into trouble" she put on an irritating baby voice. Suddenly she launched herself towards my bed and was centimetres away from my face, smiling insanely "Going to Hogwarts, are you? You must be thrilled" She dropped her smile, looking me coldly in the eye "You will be sorted into Slytherin" she warned "even if you have to beg for it!" she added and started walking back slowly towards the door "Because trust me little sis, if you get sorted into any other house I'd be sleeping in the forbidden forest to escape Narcissa's and I's wrath" she giggled.

"Narcissa wouldn't hurt me" I snapped at her, narrowing my eyes.

She smiled sweetly "Maybe not, but perhaps she would if she knew her reputation was being destroyed by the forgotten Black sister" and with that she left my room, leaving the door wide open. I watched her ball of hair bounce down the staircase and out of sight. 

Hogwarts! I was being sent to Hogwarts, at last! Four years home-schooled and tortured.

After Sirius being sorted into Gryffindor house and causing some controversy around the Black family name; the following year (when I was supposed to go up as a first year and experience school like everyone else) I was instead held at home with unspoken fear that I'd be the next Black to disrupt the family tree's strict Slytherin theme. I protested strongly, gaining whipped wrists and a tender bruised cheek from an almighty slap.

However, after the first year of constant disciplinary punishments from my desperate pleads to go to Hogwarts like everyone else; much to my dismay my Mother was an incredibly talented teacher and taught me in such a way that I had completed second year's work and end of year tests by before the summer term of the first year had finished... so needless to say my unanswered pleads to go to school quietened and the idea of escaping the cold house died, whilst my grades flourished.