Chapter Seven - Lunch.

Second lesson was finished finally and I made my way over to the great hall for lunch. Remus was right, perhaps eating something would make me feel better? A growling in my stomach confirming his concern, warning me to try and at least shove down a bread roll.

As I walked in I noticed how it was almost half filled with students instead of what it was like during dinner last night. The rumbling of my stomach seemed to die down a little with nerves, making me feel as if, if I ate something it might return again an hour later.

I shoved the thought out of my mind repeating what the kind boy had said to me.

"Eat, you'll feel better" I repeated over and over again in my head until I approached Lily, Marlene, Alice and the same boy Alice was paired with earlier today in Herbology. Awkwardly slipping down next to Lily I spoke.

"What's on the menu?" I joked...not funny Arty, not funny. I mentally cursed myself. Thankfully Lily laughed, though I couldn't help but worry it was only because she was nice.

"Only stress sandwiches" she smiled looking pleased with herself.

"You two are honestly pathetic" Marlene started "We all know the only thing that's actually on the menu is the smell of B.O and the taste of obscenities" she said with a poker face. 

I didn't quite understand until-

"THANK FUCK I AM STARVED" someone shouted, slightly stinking out the place like Marlene had suggested, she gave me a light nod as if to prove her point.

"Quidditch really is a beautiful sport" James sighed lovingly. I turned to face James who was flushed in the face and in robes that were on backwards.

"Shame you don't shower afterwards" Lily pinched her nose. James whipped his robe up and hid her face underneath it, finally turning it around the correct way so she could escape.

"Merlin's beard" she choked on his stench. Dramatically gagging and gripping onto the table as if she needed support.

"What you don't enjoy the smell of a musky man?" He budged me out of the way to sit next to her, gaping at her with a fake hurt expression.

"I don't enjoy the smell of a sweaty stalker, no" she laughed, gaining a proud look from Marlene.

"Oi and you two" Marlene spoke up gaining the attention of Alice and her close friend "Stop with the PDA ok, I'm gagging enough over here with smell, I don't need a disgusting sight as well!" she grimaced noticing that they were holding hands and giggling flirtatiously with each other.

"Frank, I mean it" She warned and they both laughed at her.

Suddenly a pair of arms snaked around Marlene's neck and I saw Sirius kiss her dramatically on the cheek, leaving a glossy pink mark.

"What the fuck Black?" she wiped her cheek down, removing the stickiness of the gloss onto his robe.

"Don't you think it suits me?" he puckered his lips showing off the pink tint. 

Sirius had always been really uptight and wouldn't dare stepping outside of the box at home; perhaps it was with fear that his father would punish him? he wasn't even allowed to participate in dressing up games, if he did he'd receive a slap around the head and shown to where boys should play.

 So, seeing him so freely express himself like this was strange...Everything had changed about him and I no longer recognised him for who he was when I knew him.

"Actually I love it, would you be curious to try out eyeliner next?" Lily spoke up swatting James' head away so she could take a good look at Sirius wearing lipgloss.