Chapter FiftyFour- Insults.

(Trigger for slurs + bullying: not giving anything away but an intense chapter, just be aware. Also sorry for any mistakes, didn't have time to proof read.)

"-And Peter told me that in Switzerland Pixies are purple, is that true? Do you know?" James rambled on to Lily and Frank who casually strolled next to me.

I zoned out of the conversation, focusing on the soft sunlight that streamed through the windows of the halls. I shoved my hands in my robe pockets and smiled a little to myself just enjoying the calm atmosphere of the day.

"Arty, hey!" Suddenly Sonny jogged up besides me, appearing almost out of nowhere from one of the classrooms that we had past.

I smiled warmly at him and said hello.

"I actually want us to be alone for a minute, do you mind?" He mumbled closely and discreetly as the Lily, James and Frank all still discussed magical creatures.

I glanced back at the group I had somewhat wandered away from and shrugged.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked as Sonny and I started walking out into the courtyards, leaving the others behind.

"What do you see in Remus Lupin then?" He asked bluntly. My eyes widened a little, while he didn't respond to my obvious shock towards the question. I could feel my face redden almost instantly.

"I don't know what you mean?" I awfully acted, not knowing how to lie to him with ease. He rolled his eyes at me and opened his mouth to speak until-

"Sonny Wildwood."

We both looked over to the voice.

James was there, hands on hips and a daring expression plastered on his face.

"Shouldn't you be practicing for that Hufflepuff game next Tuesday? I heard Naomi Glades is pushing her team to the limit, you snakes better be sharp with her in charge." He teased.

He ruined the verging intense mood automatically, which I was thankful for immensely. Usually I would find James interrupting mildly irritating but in this case I could have positively kissed his feet with appreciation.

Sonny and James bantered about Quidditch for a while, sitting down next to each other on the court grounds. In a short amount of time, Lily and Frank came walking over too...this time with the rest of the gang.

Remus hesitatingly sat down on the grass when he saw who was sat next to me. Though he smiled big in my direction and said his hello's.

Sonny didn't seem phased, though he had literally just tried to initiate a conversation revolving around the tall boy that just appeared and sat in front of him. Sonny had a talent for fitting in, in any group he sat down with. He never hesitated to introduce himself or spark up a conversation, naturally confident and charismatic.

The scene around me was in theory wonderful. Though something seemed off.

The sun was shining (though still chilly because of the time of year), the grass was dry and allowed people to lounge on it in their groups. Lily joined in on the Quidditch banter with James and Sonny. Alice and Frank cuddled up on the grass. Marlene was throwing ripped up grass at Remus and Sirius was playfully messing around with Peter.

Everyone was getting along with each other like I had secretly wanted. Why would I not feel thrilled that my friend Sonny was happily hanging out with my other friends, such as James and Lily?

The feeling of uneasiness suddenly made sense when I caught the sight of the familiar large, Slytherin bully across the yard; Damien. He was smirking over at our group, obviously not liking the fact a Slytherin was so easily fitting in with Gryffindors. He slyly started trudging over to us from across the court. Two smaller, nasty looking Slytherins lingering behind his strong stature.