Chapter FortyFive- One At A Time.

"Surely you must have another hobby other than hanging out with dusty books all day?" Sonny asked, rolling his eyes at me.

"I told you, I don't! What's yours anyway since you're being all judgey?" I asked him while mimicking his rolled eyes, aiming at him being so dramatic about the subject.

"Quidditch, obviously."

"You're on the team then?" I asked trying to sound interested, though James and Frank killed off my enjoyment for it a little by how much they discuss it.

"Yeah, I keep Slytherin strong, if I do say so myself. The others won't admit it, but I'm the best." He winked.

"I'll believe that when I see it." I bantered.

"So come see it then, next week we're practicing for the game against Hufflepuff. I'll expect to see you in the stands watching." He invited me along to his practice, smirking.

I accepted reluctantly, knowing he probably wouldn't let me say no without a fight.

"You're mates with Potter aren't you? He's a good player. Got a few members of the team scared to face you lot after Christmas." He admitted.

"Oh really? I missed the last game between you both...actually I've missed all of the games. I thought he must've been all talk." I laughed.

He let out a big sigh, hanging his head back for a second.

"I wish, the kids got talent. That's good though, fearing him might make the others step up their game. Easy to start slacking when you can easily beat everyone. Having no competition gets boring." He laughed cheekily.

I playfully whacked him on the shoulder with the book I was holding for implying Slytherin was the best house. A healthy competitive streak finding its way into me.

We both were wandering around the library trying to return a book I had borrowed last week before the half term. Struggling to find its dedicated spot, not quite understanding the libraries organisation system.

I don't read much, a healthy amount but not excessively, obviously Sonny had presumed I had my head in a book constantly because of the trip.

That or he wasn't one to wander into the library unless dragged. Much like today.

He's been a great help over the past couple of days. Keeping me company and making me laugh. It's been nice to make a friend off of my own merit, and not because I had been introduced to anyone by someone else.

"This is boring, just put the book wherever and let's go!" He groaned as he stole the book from my hand and held it high above my head.

He wasn't much taller than I was though, so I easily yanked the book back down from his grasp, with a small jump.

"Honestly I'm going to die with boredom...Yeah, I feel it coming, tell Lucius to suck a fat one. Tell my mum she's cool. Never tell Potter I said he was good at quidditch, his head might explode with confidence." he said dramatically as he literally fell to the library floor with a thump.

I looked around with worry that we were going to be chucked out. Fearing any confrontation that he might cause.

I grabbed his arm and tried pulling him up, trying to contain my laughter like a little kid. Laughing out of nervousness and how ridiculous he was behaving, Begging him to get up, quite literally pleading but he was a complete dead weight.

He opened one eye, though still played dead like a trained dog.

"Sometimes the Prince needs to be kissed awake too, don't be sexist!" He said aggressively, though I knew in a playful way because of the smirk finding its way onto his face.