Chapter 1

The leaves were falling all around me as I walked. I loved this little town in the fall it was beautiful this time of year. Tyler pulled up next to me with a big smile on his face.

"Get in the Rain," he said.

Tyler is my best friend if you're wondering. I smiled at him and got in his truck. Then he pulled off as we rode I saw a guy walking down the street away from the school. I took a double look as we passed him.

"Who was that?" I said.

"I don't know I didn't see a face.," Tyler said.

   My curious mind wanted to know who that was. When we pulled into the parking lot I saw our friends waiting for us. 

Tyler fixed his hair before getting out his hair was brown and short. He was caucasian with hazel eyes the girls loved him. If you're wondering about me I'm biracial or mixed whichever you prefer black and white. I have dark brown eyes. My hair was dyed burgundy it came to the middle of my back and is curly.

I got out of the truck before Tyler did and I was swept into a big hug. He let me go and kissed me softly on my lips.

"Hey babe," Ryan said.

I smiled as I saw his beautiful green eyes. Ryan was mixed too light brown skin with green eyes. He was beautiful honestly.

"Hey, you," I replied.

I could feel Lacey's eyes on us as she was talking to Jaxon. I ignored it Ryan had all my attention and he made it clear I had his.

We were that high school sweetheart couple that was in love or fighting and everyone knew. We have been together since 6th grade. He was popular, me not so much, it all comes from him. My so-called friends come from him too except Tyler we have been friends since diapers literally.

"Walk with me to class babe?" I asked.

"Of course, let's go."

   We held hands and went inside. Today felt different and I just didn't want to be here. I just pretended to be fine. When we got to class Ryan kissed me on my cheek and we went inside.

    During class, I just doodled and semi-paid attention. That's how most of my day went at lunch I decided to skip and go sit on the football bleachers. I just felt like being alone. Ryan kept texting my phone asking me where I was. Tyler found me though he plopped right next to me.

"Why you alone out here?" He asked.

"How come you can find me but my boyfriend can't?" I asked.

"I don't know. What's wrong?" he asked confused.

"Do you think you can fall out of love?"

"No. If you fall out you probably never loved them in the first place."

"I don't know."

"You okay?"

"Yeah... I got in Ty."

"Wait what?"