Chapter 8

Almost a week later B asked me to dinner at his house with his mom. Her name was Rosa. I got nervous I met her once before but now I like her son. I couldn't decide what to wear. Tyler was on FaceTime helping me decide what to wear. I put on a this burgundy sweater dress and these black boots.

"That's the one,"Tyler said.

"Really?"

I looked in the mirror and twirled. I put tights on underneath it made it looked better. I fixed my hair while I waited for B to come.

"Wow I can't wait to what you how you dress for Hoco."

"Don't forget that after school we have to go."

"I won't."

We hung up then B picked me up in his moms car. We drove to his house .

"Don't be nervous," He said.

"What if she doesn't like me?" I asked.

"She will," he replied.

"How do you know?"

"Because I do and that's all that matters to me. I just wanna show my mom you."

"Okay I can do this," I said taking a deep breathe.

B opened the door for me and took my coat. His mom was in the kitchen. He took my hand and led me to the kitchen. She was making a salad for dinner. His mom turned to us smiling.

"Hey mom this is Raina," Be said.

"Hey ," I said.

"Hello again,"she said.

"Good everything going nicely," B said.

"Im almost done with dinner honey."

We went and sat down in the living room. He held my hand the whole time.

"I think tonight will definitely be fine," he said kissing me on the cheek.

I just smiled and relaxed. His mom seemed really nice. Me being here felt weird though. I like B a lot but I don't even know what we're doing. Ever since he asked me to hoco we been acting like were together but not talking about it.

His mom called us to the table. She sat at the top while B and I were across from each other. We dug in they didn't say grace .

"So are you dating my son? He never tells me anything," She said.

"Mom we're just friends," he said.

Why did his words cut me deep in my chest. I wanted to shed a tear.

"Okay my bad."

"It's fine," I said.

"You plan on going to college?"

"Yes I actually am leaving early this summer ."

"Oh really where?"