Chapter 9

The morning of Hoco was stressful thanks to my mom. She made me get a manicure and a pedicure. Then a facial and took me to get my hair done. I looked good but it was just a lot. After all that we went to lunch just me and her in the diner. When we sat in a booth. I looked  passed her two booths up and thought about when B and I had out first actual date. It was two nights after he asked me to hoco. I missed him so much in that moment.

My mom ordered for us both we ate and we talked about college.

"Mom can we be current for once," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Can we talk about what's happening now. When I'm gone times like this is what we're gonna think about. I don't want to think that all we did was dwell before it happened."

"I'm sorry," she said.

"It's okay."

"So B and you huh?"

"Yeah he's really great mom."

"Does he make you want to stay?"

"I don't know sometimes."

"You spend a lot of time with that boy."

"He's different."

"Good. I like him don't tell him that yet but that boy has brightened you. You are beaming with happiness like when you were little."

"Thanks mom."

We finished on eating then we went home. My mom was talking about steaming my dress. I just sat on the couch watching football with my brother and father.

A few hours later I started getting ready. Mom helped me pin my hair up first. Then I slipped on my dress with some open toed black velvet strapped up stiletto heels. I put on lipstick and I was ready to go. The bell rung mom ran down to get it and her camera. I gathered my phone and lipstick into my little purse.

I could hear the cameras flicker as I walked down the step. B was standing there looking completely stunned. He looked so handsome in his suit black suit with a red tie and hanger chief.

B took my hand at the end of the steps. My family kept snapping pictures. He gave me a beautiful corsage it was a red flower but black ribbon. Then he gave me the flower to pin on him. My mom had Jeremy recording. After I pinned B, I kissed him on the cheek.

Mom had us take poses pictures of us together and me with each of them. Finally we escaped my mother and grabbed our coats. B helped me throw on my sweater. I started to walk he grabbed my hand and stopped me. We walked over to a car and he opens the door for me . I got in and he closed my door for me . Then he proceeded to get in the driver seat.

"When did you get a car?" I asked shocked.

"Mom thought I deserved it."

"I love it, it's new and smells of money as in this is pretty expensive."

"She probably got a loan. Doesn't matter money doesn't."

"You're certainly right."

We rode to the high school and so many people were already there or were going in. B and I sat in the parking lot for a min. He had a flask and he took one sip and gave the rest to me. I sipped on it.