Chapter 17

The rest of the week was hard without B. I was constantly checking my phone . Tyler took it from me when we we're hanging out. I missed B so much and I had a bad feeling in my chest. I even tried painting to make it go away but I couldn't I needed to know if he was okay. I never wanted to tell him that I love him so bad before.

Mom took me like she said she would to get my license. Naomi came with me and mom. Nae and I have been getting a lot closer. She sat in the back when I did the driving test. Of course I passed both my test.

"Yay no more illegal driving ," Nae said as we all got in B's car.

Mom and I chuckled with her. Then I dropped mom off at home and we had to celebrate. We all decided to have a bonfire. Everything I needed was already packed and in the trunk. Therefore we drove to Tyler's. We went on inside and I was surprised with confetti.

"Congratulations!" Everyone said.

I looked around and saw Tyler, Cat, Ryan, Maddy, and Macey.

Tyler and his mom (Cat) came up and hugged me. We parted and I turned to Naomi.

"You knew?" I asked.

"Of course," she said smiling.

We hugged and I thanked them all. Everyone hung out at Tyler's for little while and ate. Then we all went to the bonfire before it got dark. Macey rode with me in B's car. I followed Tyler's and Ryan followed me.

When we got there we all parked and set up camp. I was sharing a tent with Macey. Tyler put up our tent for us. Then I went to go collect wood with Ryan.

"Congrats again," he said.

" Thank you. I can't believe I finally got my license. I just wish B was here."

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Don't be. You guys have been the best distraction," I said picking up more wood.

"I'm glad we could help."

"How are you and your dad? I know we don't talk about it but I had to ask ."

"We're fine honestly. He's home a lot more now."

"I seen them together at Jeremy's soccer game."

"I heard, you slapped my mom."

"I did."

"I'm not mad she probably deserved it after leaving her family."

"Yeah I hate my father."

"I don't care for my mom but let's not talk about them."

"I think that's enough wood for now right."

"Yeah this should be good."

We smiled at each and walked back. Tyler started the fire as the sun started to go down. Everyone say around the bonfire. Naomi and Maddy passed around beers. We all drunk beers and roasted marshmallows while talking about college. I went first and told everyone I got into NYU and I'd be leaving early for my inter-ship.