Chapter 16

B and I didn't talk the rest of the weekend. He blew up my phone though. Last night at two twenty three he had texted me and said I care about you so much don't forget that.

I decided to text him back but my text wouldn't deliver. I threw my phone on the bed and got in the shower. Mom made Jeremy and I breakfast. After I got dressed I came down and ate quickly. Then went out front and I seen B's car sitting there. I went up to the car and it was empty. Dylan came from across the street. He came up to me and gave me B's keys.

"Where is he?" I asked.

"I'm not allowed to say," he replied.

"Dylan ."

"My orders are to watch after you and bring you his car."

"B gave you those orders?"

"Yes."

"Whatever. Come on Jere you can ride shotgun."

"Cool," Jere said getting in.

I took Jeremy to school. Then I drove and got coffee. I wasn't late to school luckily and Dylan was really following me. Tyler stopped me in the hallway.

"Hey where's B?"

"I don't know," I said.

"Really that's weird."

"Yeah. You haven't heard from him?"

"Nope."

"Okay I gotta get to class later," I said.

I couldn't concentrate not knowing if B is okay. We got into a fight and I ignored him . Now he's gone and I'm scared. I stayed in school till lunch. I sat with Tyler , Naomi, Ryan and Maddy for a little while . Then I left and drove to B's house. I got out and knocked on his door. His mom answered the door she looked shocked to see me.

"Is B here?" I asked.

"No ,but come in," she said.

I came in and sat at the island. She made her coffee and talked to me

"He had to leave early his father ordered him. I put him on a plane around to this morning."

"Ordered?" I asked.

She looked at me confused for a second.

"What has he told you ?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"You're a good liar but not that good."

"All I know is his name and what you do for living. He doesn't talk about his father to me . When he speaks of him though you can piece together he's a monster and B doesn't want to be like him."

"You observe."

"I have to he tells me nothing. He always says its safer if I don't know anything."

"I don't know if that's true."

"Then tell me."