Chapter 12

Who party's in the winter?  The people of Abbie do. We have a annual winter ball in January everyone goes. I was so excited to ask B to be my date this year. This year was different and it's my last here.

"Raina!" My mom yelled.

I ran downstairs in my robe to the kitchen. She was standing by the island with flowers in front of her.

"Flowers came for you."

"From?"

"Come and see."

I walked over to the island. The flowers were white roses they were so beautiful. I picked up the envelope and opened it. There were two tickets to the ball and a note.

    Raina,
       We would be so honored to have you at       this years annual winter ball.
Love,
Mrs.Matthews

"It's from Ryan's mom."

"Why would she send you tickets to the ball? The senior class gets them free," My mom asked.

"Honestly I don't know maybe it's some tactic to get us back together?"

"Hasn't she met you that'll never work."

"I know. I'll keep the tickets and the roses though," I smiled.

My mom giggled at me. I joined her laughter then I took the tickets up to my room with me. I got dressed to go meet B. We met a street over and went on to my favorite place.

It was cold still snow everywhere but not snowing. He held me close as we stood there in front of the frozen waterfall. We just stood close and in silence listening to each other breathe. Then B looked at me backed up an took a deep breath. I could tell he was kind of nervous.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Last time you hinting and I didn't ask right away but this time I wanted to be forward. I'm not the kind of guy who likes dances but I'd go anywhere as long as you're there. Will you be my date to the ball?" He replied.

"Yes," I said as I threw myself into
his arms.

He put me down and smiled. Then B took a square black box out of his pocket. My eyes got wide as he brought it up to me.

"I got this for you to wear at the ball. My mom even helped pick it out."

"I can't accept that."

"I'm not taking no for an answer."

He opened the box and I started crying. The necklace was a Sapphire teardrop pendant with a beautiful diamond above it. It was so perfect I just couldn't stop crying. I hugged and kissed him over and over while thanking him.

"I'm also paying for your dress and whatever else you need. Don't you dare try to fight me on this."

"I don't want you spending so much on me."

"I want to because you deserve it and money is never an issue."

"Thank you for the necklace and for being so amazing."