Chapter 6

°°°°°°°°°°Skylar's POV°°°°°°°°°°

Zach was coming to pick me up 30 minutes.  I didn't have enough time to take a shower, so I brushed my teeth and hair. I look at myself in the mirror and I look like a troll. I don't consider myself ugly, but I'm not Carrie Underwood pretty. I decide not to put on anymore make up and just roll with the natural feeling. I walked out of my bathroom and over to the closet. I was scanning through my clothes until i find a Florida Georgia Line shirt that had lyrics on them, light washed skinny jeans, and a light grey cardigan. I picked out grey vans because I didn't want to get the white ones muddy.

10 minutes later I was down the stairs with my phone in hand, and I call out to Shawn "Bye Shawn! I'll be back later!" I heard him yell something, but I couldn't understand. I walked out the door to see Zach in front of me. I screamed a little and jumped. "Sorry! I don't mean to scare you!" Zach said. "It's okay. I wasn't expecting you to be there." I said stepping to the side. "Okay. So are you ready to go?" Zach asked me. "Sure" is all I said. I climbed into the car, and I was nervous.

What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm weird because of the way I talk, or the way I dress, or act?

"Hey Skylar, are you okay?" Zach asks me. "Yeah just thinking. " I said. "About what?" Zach asked. "Oh...uh nothing really." I said trying not to make it awkward. To drown out the silence Zach turned on the radio. It was on a country station, which is my favorite type of misic. My favorite song came on, which is Beat of the Music, by Brett Eldredge.

You got the soul and you know how to use it

Put your hand on my hip cause you know that I lose it

You got my heart racing like there's nothing to it

I hummed along to the chorus and looked over at Zach. He was smirking at me. "What?" I ask. "You like this song?" he asks. "Yeah it's my favorite! "  I say trying to listen to the music . "Mine too." Zach says. "What!?" I shout.  "I didn't take you for a country boy." "Well there's a lot of things you don't know about me." he said smiling. I left the conversation at that. I began to think about this guy.

He isn't like he seems, is he?