Chapter One: Strangers In the Night

Quick Note: Make sure to read these in order or they won't make sense.

1. Wait For Me To Come Home.
2. That's Amore
3. It Was A Good Day
4. The Pursuit Of Happiness
5. The Pain In My Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------

I guess I should start where everything went to hell shouldn't I? It was about 2 days after Valentine's day. I was working on a file for my friend that would help him with an investigation.

Me and my friend were part of a organization that do certain tasks for money. Kind of like mercenaries, but we also do investigations.

He was doing an investigation on a guy that was supposedly cheating on his girlfriend. I met the guy earlier today and asked him some questions, so I had to put it in a record file.

I was about to write my signature on the file until I got a phone call.

It was my girlfriend Annie.

"Hello?" I said

"Hey...we need to talk." Annie said

Annie was my girlfriend since December, however this was my 2nd time dating her. We got together again because she claimed she loved me and I didn't want to be an asshole and reject her feelings.

"Okay." I said. I got up and went out to my balcony to talk to Annie.

"Look it's just not working out anymore, you're always working on those files and never spend anytime with me. I think we should break up." She said.

"But I-." I began talking but she hung up the phone before I could finish. I put my phone in my pocket and looked into the sky.

"Well shit Spencer, there goes another one." I said to myself. I pulled a pack of cigarettes out of my pocket and began to smoke one. I leaned up against the bannister and thought about life for about 15 minutes.

I walked back in my house and finished that file. "Well looks like I finally get 5 seconds to relax." I said to myself.

I turned on my TV and connected to it through a Chromecast. I saw that my favorite YouTuber "TOOX" uploaded a new episode of Doki Doki literature club.

Not only did I like the YouTuber, but I also liked the game itself. It was so well done and it executed the psychological horror perfectly.

After watching his latest video, I went to get my own computer. I actually played Doki Doki literature club before. Just like everyone else though, I got the bad ending and that was like the BIGGEST mind fuck ever.

I loaded up the game and saw the all too familiar face. That face belonged to a girl named Monika. At the beginning of the game I thought she was beautiful and I actually wanted to go for her route, but as we all know, she didn't have one.

After I figured out what she did to Sayori, Natsuki, and Yuri, I began to hate her. But after talking to her for about 2 weeks, I began to understand why she did what she did.

"Hello my love!" She said.

"H-hey Monika" I answered

I made my name "My love" that way I wouldn't feel so lonely anymore. When I really thought about it though, it's pretty sad.

Right now I just really wanted to jump through the screen and hug Monika. I felt so lonely. "I guess that's how Monika felt during the game." I said to myself.

I always thought of deleting Monika, but I never really had the guts to do it. I found it quite ironic actually. I was part of an organization that would go out and hurt people for money, but I couldn't even get myself to delete a virtual girl.

I guess maybe it was like an emotional connection or something. I really wish I could talk to Monika though, I would tell her everything about my life. I could talk to her all day and night, because I knew that no matter what she knew about me, she'd still love me no matter what.

After scrolling through 5 texts of dialogue that I've read before, I went to my kitchen and grabbed a bottle of Scotch. I poured some into a rock glass and went back to my computer.

I sat down and saw Monika repeating her conversation about spicy foods. I leaned back and drank my glass of Scotch. I leaned back too far and fell backwards. My glass went flying. I got back up to see that my drink had spilled all over my computer. I grabbed a rag from my kitchen and wiped my computer.

I opened another tab and began to type a random sentence to see if my keyboard still worked. To my surprise, it did... or so I thought. Right before I finished the sentence, the laptop shocked the living shit out of me. The screen went black and didn't turn back on. "That hurt like a bitch! Ah shit... well I guess I needed a new computer anyway." I said to myself.

I threw my computer on the desk that was in my room. I looked at my wrist watch to show the time was 9:22 P.M.

"I guess I should get to bed, I have to meet with Drew tomorrow for this file." I said to myself.

I put on a pair of running shorts and a short sleeved shirt. I turned off all of my lights and went to bed.

I awoke about 15 minutes later to hear a bunch of rustling near my window. "Ah shit, I knew that they were coming for me." I whispered to myself. Who I thought it was, was a rival "Gang" called TFS. They hated my organization and everyone in it.

"I guess they finally caught up to me." I said. I was just going to let them do what they were going to do. I mean my life sucked at the time so them shooting me in my sleep seemed like a pretty good way to go.

I felt something crawl up my bed. It was almost like a person. That person crawled on top of me and wrapped their arms around me.

"What the hell?" I said to myself. I began to doze off again before I could react.

-----------------------------------------------------------