Chapter Four: A Night to Remember

"Hey so like, I was in the middle of eating and I'm kind of fucking starving." I said

"Shut the hell up." One man said.

"So where are we going?" I asked

They remained silent.

"Ooh a strong silent type, I like a mystery." I said sarcastically.

"If you don't shut up, I'll shoot you myself." The other man said.

They lead me to an elevator and took me down to the very bottom floor, and by that, I mean the basement. The doors opened to reveal a large parking garage.

They lead me around the corner to meet a group of people. One of which was the cheating boyfriend that I did my investigation on before.

"Hello Spencer."

"Oooh heeeey Michael! How's Cierra huh?" I said in a mocking voice.

Cierra was the name of his girlfriend that hired me to see if he was cheating. I regret making that comment, as he ordered one of his guards to punch me in the stomach.

"Awe.... you hit.... like a bitch." I said

Michael began laughing.

"What is about to happen tonight will truly show what happens when TFS releases their wrath." Michael said. "Would you like to do the honors?" He said to person around the corner. A woman stepped out, and of course that woman was Cierra.

"You know, both of you two are kind of assholes." I said. I remained calm even though I was probably about to die. A guard kicked me to my knees and Cierra walked over to me.

"Any last words?" Cierra said.

"Yeah actually, is that a Tesla back there?" I said.

All of them turned around, giving me an advantage. I headbutted the guard next to me in the nuts. I was already in the ground so I didn't have much choice. Cut me some slack...

Anyway, that caused him to drop his gun, I leapt for it and opened fire. "Heh, looks like my NWG training is finally paying off." I said to myself. I shot the two guards, and then shot Michael. I pointed the gun a Cierra, but she already dropped her gun.

"Look, I got a date that I have to attend to, so I don't want to get blood on my clothes. So uh, just take this as a lesson that you shouldn't try and kill me."

I placed the gun in my suit pocket and walked back towards the elevator. I got into it and leaned up against the wall.

"Monika is gonna be so pissed." I thought to myself.

The doors opened back up and I made my way back to Monika's table. She was eating her salad and it looked like she ordered red wine as well.

"Oh, you're back." She said in an annoyed voice.

"Yeah sorry, just had to give something to an old friend." I said. "Sorry I took so long."

"It's fine, it's fine." She said. "Thanks for taking me here by the way."

"Well I wanted it to be a first date to remember."

"D-date?!" She said in a surprised voice.

"Yep." I winked at her.

We finished our dinner and ordered dessert. I ordered a crepe of some sort and Monika ordered a cake that had like 152 different chocolates or something. We ended up spending most of the night laughing and drinking red wine.

We came home right about 10 o'clock at night. I opened the door and Monika followed behind me.

"You have a nice house by the way." She said.

"Oh thank you, I got it about a year ago." I said. "Oh yeah so I got this for you while we were out."

I reached into my pocket and pulled out a smartphone.

"I already put my number in it, so if I'm ever gone too long and you need something, just text me."

Monika took the phone a gave me a hug.

"Anyway if you're still not tired, you can watch TV in the living room." I said.

She walked into the living room and sat on the couch, but instead of turning on the TV, she played with her phone. That gave me some free time so I went out onto my balcony.

I looked out into the night sky.

"Whoever made this happen to me, thank you so much." I said into the air. I leaned over my balcony and pulled out a cigar. I stared at it, but changed my mind.

"Monika said these aren't good for me anyway." I said. I walked back inside to see Monika sound asleep on my couch.

"Long day for her I guess." I chuckled to myself. I walked over to Monika and lifted her up. I began carrying her to my guest room so she could sleep there.

I heard a noise come from my room again. The sound was so loud that it woke Monika who was sleeping in my arms.

"W-what was that?" Monika said in a tired voice.

"I have no idea." I said. I set Monika down on the guest room bed and walked over to my bedroom door. I put my ear up to the door and listened.

It sounded like whimpering. I reached my hand in my suit pocket and placed it on the gun from before. I kicked open the door.

I scanned the room and saw nothing out of the ordinary. However my laptop was now displaying purple swirls instead of red ones.

I looked at the back wall of my room to see a small girl leaning up against my wall in the fetal position.

"Where am I? This can't be real? God where am I?" She said to herself while rocking back and forth.

The girl seemed oddly familiar. She was halfway dressed with a bright red bow in her hair. She also had a piece of rope hanging from her neck. It looked almost like a noose.

I walked towards the girl who looked up at me with terrified eyes. I bent over and looked at her closely.

"S-Sayori?" I said.

-----------------------------------------------------------