Chapter Eleven: It's Not For Me To Say

"M-Monika?" I said while looking into the pair of glowing eyes floating in my kitchen.

I began taking of my trench coat but then I noticed Monika walking towards me.

"Where were you?!" She said with tears streaming down her face.

"I had a meeting, what's wrong?"

Monika ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me. She hugged me really tight.

"I-I had a nightmare that you were taken away from me." She said while burrowing her face in my shirt.

"You were stuck in a room as if I deleted you and I couldn't save you... and when you weren't here I thought it really happened." She said between sobs.

She started to really squeeze me, almost making it hard to breathe.

"Monika it's okay, I'm still here. I'm still with you." I wrapped my arms around Monika.

"I thought I lost you... I'm so sorry." She said.

"I'm here now Monika, I'm sorry." I said in a soothing voice. Soon Monika calmed down and stopped crying.

"Do you want me to sleep with you tonight that way you won't get any nightmares?" I said.

"Y-yes..." She said in an almost embarrassed voice.

Now that I really think about it, maybe this was all just a plan made by Monika to make me sleep with her... but then again those tears seemed genuine.

Me and Monika walked into my room and she laid down on my bed. I turned off the light and laid down next to her.

"Oh yeah... sorry about earlier today." I said.

"What did you mean?" She said.

"I mean in the bathroom..."

"Oh it's okay, I should've locked the door anyway."

There was an awkward silence until Monika broke it.

"Did you at least like what you saw?" She said.

I chuckled a little bit.

"I didn't get that good of a look." I said.

"Well maybe one day you will." She said. Her eyes began to glow again and she winked at me.

I covered my face trying to hide my embarrassment. She looked over at me and smiled.

"You're so cute." She said while leaning towards me. She gave me a little kiss on the cheek and laid on her pillow.

"Goodnight Spencer." She said.

"Goodnight Monika."

She reached her hand over to me and I put mine on top of hers. We fell asleep hand in hand.

The entire night I kept seeing that damn eye. "Why did it seem so familiar..." I thought to myself.

I woke up the next morning to a buzzing in my pocket. It was my phone. I pulled it out of my pocket and looked at the time.

It was 6:30 A.M. which meant it was time for school. I got out of bed and saw Monika still sleeping. She was shivering.

I grabbed the blanket and put it over her shoulder. She stopped shivering and smiled in her sleep when I did that.

I began to get ready and tried not to wake up any of the girls. I took a shower, got dressed, and ate breakfast.

I snuck back in my room and tried not to wake Monika. I checked the laptop to see exactly what I thought.