Chapter Twenty-Three: Toy Soldiers

I didn't hear what Yuri said and I pulled away from her. I went over to my desk and pulled out my M9 Berreta that I had last night.

"Oh my... w-what are you going to do with that?!" Yuri said concerned.

I remained silent and opened the door. I made my way down the hallway and out the front door.

All of girls saw me on my way. I needed to figure out who was out there.

I made my way into my backyard and approached the bushes where I saw the flashing lights.

"I know I saw you, come out!" I yelled.

I saw a flash of light and heard a bang.

I shot four bullets in the direction of the sounds.

"Gah! Ah! You fuckin shot me!" a voice said from the bushed. I approached the voice and saw a man laying on the ground.

"Hell yeah I just shot you! What are you doing here?" I said while pointing my gun at him.

"I ain't telling you shit!" he said. I knelt down next to the man and saw a logo on the man's jacket. That was the same logo that was on the letter that Khalil gave me. I pulled out the mans combat knife that was on his chest.

"Well that's just not gonna work. Now I'm gonna ask you one more time, what are you doing here." I said while twirling the knife between my fingers.

"Kiss my ass!" the man yelled. I drove the knife into the man's leg.

"Ah! Okay okay, my name is Andrew! I was sent here to figure out where you live." he said.

"Who do you work for?" I asked while twisting the knife.

"T... TSF... Michael sent me..." Andrew said.

I pulled the knife out and stood up.

"You made a mistake coming here Andrew." I said while pointing my Beretta at Andrew.

Andrew began to laugh a little bit.

"They're coming for you... all of you will be dead... your time is coming to an end." Andrew said.

Andrew passed out on the ground. I searched his body and found a camera. It had more pictures of me and the girls. Especially of Natsuki... which was odd.

I called up my friend Drew and he came over and picked up Andrew. I asked him to see if he could extract anymore information, and he said that he'll see what he can do.

I walked back up to my front door and opened it. All of the girls we sitting in the living room waiting for me to come back. Yuri fortunately, was dressed now.

"Hey I'm back... just had to go see some friends." I said.

The girls looked at me with terrified eyes. Natsuki covered her mouth with one hand and pointed at my chest with her other hand.

I looked down to see that I was bleeding through my shirt. I placed my hand over the wound and smiled at the girls.

"Those friends weren't too happy to see me." I said jokingly.

I bandaged myself up and went into my room. Luckily the bullet was a .22 Long rifle so it didn't really do that much damage. I stared at my ceiling until Sayori came into my room.

"Hey..." she said.

"Oh hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Um nothing... who shot you?" she asked.

"It was just some business things I had to deal with." I said.

"You keep saying that... you're always so secretive and it makes me concerned. I mean you completely brush off the fact that you almost die." Sayori said. "I-I don't want you to die..." she said.

"Sayori I'm not gonna die." I said.

"How do I know that's the truth?" she said. She had a point.

A guilt came over me and I sat up and touched Sayori's face.

"Sayori, I wouldn't lie to you." I said.

"B-but..." tears went down her face so I pulled her in for a hug.

"Sayori... I'll tell you what. I'll take a break from the NWG... that way things can calm down and we will all be okay."

Sayori wrapped her arms back around me.

"You promise that everything will be okay?" she said.

"I promise." I said.

I let go of Sayori and she gave me a faint smile.

"Not to mention, I love you too much to just leave you." I said.

"I love you too." Sayori said.

Me and Sayori hugged one more time and then we got up and went out to the living room.

"Hey what do you guys want for dinner?" I asked.

They all remained silent. I guess they were still mad at me for getting shot.

"Do you guys want to go out for dinner?" I asked again. I had to figure out one way to get the to forgive me.

Monika and Natsuki looked excitedly about going but Yuri just remained silent.

"I know this place that serves some really rich chocolate." I said.

That persuaded Yuri to peek her head up in excitement.

"Oooh we should go to that one restaurant that you took me to on our first date!" Monika said.

"D-date?" Natsuki said.

"We have to dress fancy to go there, so you guys might want to go get dressed." I said.

The girls all went into their rooms and all started getting ready.

I put on a white suit with a bright red flower on the left side of my chest. I'd normally wear this to a formal NWG meeting but my other suit was in the wash.

All of the girls came out at once showing off their beautiful dresses.

Natsuki wore a small white and pink dress. Sayori a light blue dress, similar to the color of her eyes. Yuri wore a long black dress. And Monika wore a little white dress.

I leaned up against the door and waited for them.

Monika went over to me and grabbed my arm.

"Shall we get going?" she said.

Monika and I interlaced our arms and walked down to my car.

-----------------------------------------------------------