Chapter Sixteen: Would You Still Love Me?

When we got to Rhode island it was about 3:28. Natsuki was still sleeping on my shoulder so I tried to wake her up. She wouldn't budge. I picked up Natsuki piggy back style and carried her off the train.

Luckily the train station was right next to the beach. I told the girls to go ahead and find a spot for us. I had to go speak with someone.

I had to go see my friend Christian about this bounty. I walked over to his house which was right around the corner.

"Hey Chris." I said.

"Hey man!" He said while shaking my hand. For some weird reason, he really looked up to me. Christian was my mechanic and was the leader of the information division for the NWG.

"I heard about what happened man, you need me to figure out who set it?" he said.

"You read my mind." I said.

Christian fiddled around on his computer for about a minute and then a name scrolled across the screen.

"So it was Michael." I said to myself.

"Look, good luck man. And don't die on me." He said. I walked out the door but said one more thing to him.

"Is the Royce fixed yet?"

"Yeah it's downstairs." he said while tossing me a pair of keys.

I walked down to his parking garage and walked over to a car covered in a tarp. I pulled the tarp off to reveal my Rolls Royce that I got a while back. It was given to me as a gift. I had to get it fixed because some asshole decided that they wanted to unload a PPSh on it.

I got in it and parked it on the side of the road near the beach. I changed into my beach clothes and went down to meet the girls. I was wearing some shorts and a pair of Ray-Bans I had.

It took me a minute but I eventually met them by the water. They were already changed into their bikinis.

"Woah." Monika said while walking towards me. I guess she was amazed by me not wearing a shirt again. She approached me and poked the ace of spades tattoo I had on my chest.

"That's so cool!" Sayori said in the distance.

I just laughed nervously. I walked over to the spot that we set up. There were some towels to lay on and an umbrella to guard us from the sun.

"Hey make sure to put some sunscreen on before you go out there." I said.

I pulled out a bottle of sunscreen and started rubbing some on myself. Yuri came up behind me and I felt a cold sensation.

"I'll put some on your back for you." she said.

"Ah... thanks." I said. She really caught me off guard so it surprised me.

"C-could you put some on me as well?" she said to me.

"Um sure... just lay down." I said.

Yuri laid on her stomach on a towel.

I grabbed the bottle and squirted it on her back. I spread the sunscreen up and down her back. I looked at her face and noticed that she was enjoying this WAY more than she should be.

"Do me too!" Monika said.

I ended up applying sunscreen to Monika's, Yuri's, and Sayori's backs. Natsuki however, was too busy building a sand castle. I walked over to her.

"Whatcha doing?" I said.

"Oh just building a little castle... I've never been to the beach before..." she said.

"Well I hope you're having fun." I said while I set next to her.

"Yeah thanks so much for taking me here." She said while smiling at me.

"Don't mention it." I said.

"Hey Natsuki come here!" Sayori called from the water. Natsuki got up and ran into the water to meet Sayori.

I got up and walked up to boardwalk, that way I could see the entire beach. I looked down at the water to see Sayori trying to look at fish under the water, and Natsuki and Monika were splashing water at each other.

I smiled to myself, as it seemed that everything was just like it used to be in the literature club. Everyone liked each other, and we all had good times.

Life was good.

"Looks like they're having fun." Yuri said while walking towards me.

"Oh hi Yuri." I said.

She gave me an innocent smile. I looked down at her stomach.

"Your wounds are hardly noticeable anymore." I said to her. I didn't know if she was self conscious about that.

"Oh thanks... I just wanted to tell you something really important." she said.

"Oh what is it?" I said.

"You know how that wasn't really me... in the literature club... right?"

"Well yeah." I said.

"I just wanted to say that some of that... was me... like my feelings."

"I know Yuri..."

"W-what?"

"I know... when you asked me if I accepted your confession I said yes."

"Y-you did?"

"Yes."

"I'm so sorry you had to watch me... do that..." she said. It seemed like tears were coming down her face.

"I just wanted you to know, that no matter what happens, or whatever did happen doesn't matter, because I'll still always love you the same." I said while looking off into the sunset.

"Thank you so much... for getting me out." She said.

"Don't mention it... it's something that I wanted to do." I said. I walked over to Yuri and held her hand.

"Just don't forget that I'll always love you." I said.

Yuri wrapped her arms around me, pulling me in for a kiss. We stood there with the sunset in the background as if we were in a romance movie.

She pulled away from me.

"I-I'm so happy... I've never been so happy in my life!" She said.

"Then let's keep it that way." I said while smiling at Yuri.

We walked back down to the beach to meet up with Monika, Sayori, and Natsuki all packing up. It was about 5:30 and it was about to get dark. I grabbed the bags and went back to my car.

"Holy shit... where did you get that?!" Monika and Natsuki said.

"It was a gift." I said.

We all got in, but we had to see someone first.

That person was Carlos.

----------------------------------------------------------