Chapter Nineteen: The Life Within Us

My heart was racing about 500 beats per minute. I was in a complete panic.

"How the hell did they find me."

Most of the time I wouldn't really care if someone snapped a picture of me, but they had pictures of the girls as well. Carlos gave me back the pictures of the girls so I knew it wasn't him.

I eventually made it back to the house. My heart dropped when I saw that one of the lights was on.

"Th-thats the light to Natsuki's room!" I said to myself. I pulled the M9 Beretta out of my glove box in my car and rushed up the stairs to my house.

I opened the door and saw that the lights were still off. Sayori was still sleeping on the couch in the living room. I made my way down the hallway to the guest room, where Natsuki was sleeping. I was holding my gun in my hand.

I put my ear up to the door. Silence.

"She really gives me no choice does she?" I said.

I slowly open the door.

I got a total Deja-Vu moment.

I opened the door to see Natsuki sitting crisscross on her bed, wearing my NWG jacket.

"Ah!" she yelled.

I guess I really startled her. I tuck my Beretta in my waist band.

"S-sorry I wasn't expecting you to still be up... wait... is that my jacket?" I said.

Natsuki looked down at the jacket that she was wearing.

"N-no!" she said.

I looked at the ace if spades patch that was on the front of it.

"Yes it is... why do you have my jacket?" I asked.

"It was just cold okay! It's not like I wore it because I like you!" she said.

"You could've just asked for another blanket... here I'll get you another one." I said while walking over to the closet.

"N-no it's fine... I like wearing your jacket... it's so soft.." she said embarrassed.

"Plus it smells like you."

"What was that last part?" I asked.

"N-nothing! You're just hearing things you dummy!" she said.

"Oookaay Natsuki." I said sarcastically.

"Anyway why did you come in here so suddenly?" she said.

"Oh I uh... wanted to say goodnight." I said nervously.

"Oh um... goodnight." Natsuki said. She got out of bed and the sleeves of my jacket went over her hands. She came over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

She looked up at me and tugged on the bottom of my shirt.

"I know what she's getting at." I thought to myself. I bent over and gave Natsuki a kiss on her forehead.

She didn't give me an angry stare this time. She actually just gave me a faint smile and walked back over to her bed. I turned off Natsuki's light and she went to bed with my jacket on.

I went out to my kitchen and grabbed the all too familiar glass of Scotch from my cabinet.

"I have to thank you Mr. Scotch." I said to myself.

Hard to believe that this bottle completely turned my life into the heaven that I'm in right now.

I poured myself a glass and went out onto my balcony. I pulled out my cell phone and called my friend Alex. He was a high ranking member in the technology division for the NWG. Also he was the only one that was up at the moment.