Chapter Fourteen: Starving Part II

We eventually finished at the book store and we were at check out. I bought Natsuki every volume of that manga that she picked out.

I looked over at what books the other girls got. I saw Monika got some romance book called "The Notebook." Sayori got some cute adventure book, and I tried to see what Yuri got.

On the cover of Yuri's book, I saw a small mask.

"I really hope that's not fifty shades of grey..." I thought to myself.

I bought all of the girls books and we eventually got back to my home. We walked in the door and I set the bags down on the table and sorted them out.

"So um...where do we all sleep?" Natsuki asked.

I never really thought of it. Now that I have all four girls in my reality, we never really figured out where we all sleep. We just slept in whatever room we wanted and I was sometimes lucky enough to sleep with one of them.

"Oh um, here I'll make a chart." I said while grabbing a piece of paper.

"I'll sleep on the couch since all of you are my guests. Sayori and Natsuki, you can sleep in the guest room, and Monika and Yuri you guys can sleep in my room." I said while drawing a chart.

All of the girls looked disappointed at me. I would've assigned one of them to sleep with me but that would just cause more chaos.

I pulled out a small black bag from my pocket and pulled out 3 more smart phones. I handed them each to Yuri, Sayori, and Natsuki.

"I put my number in these so text me if you need something." I said.

Sayori looked excitedly at her new phone and Yuri smiled at me.

Natsuki looked down at hers in confusion.

"W-what is this?" She said.

"It's a cell phone." I said

I walked over to Natsuki and showed her how a touch screen worked. I guess she never had a smart phone.

"Woah that's so cool!" She said.

I laughed to myself after I see how excited Natsuki was over a smart phone.

Monika went over to the kitchen table and started reading her book. Yuri said that she was tired so she went into my room. Sayori and Natsuki walked into my guest room and started playing on their new phones. I heard them texting each other... even though they were right next to each other.

I walked over to my fridge and pulled out a beer.

I looked behind me and faced Monika.

"Hey do you want to try one of these?" I said.

"Oh um... sure. There's a first time for everything right?" She said.

I slid a can of beer across the table to Monika. She opened it and took a drink of it.

"Ugh! you like these things?" She said in a disgusted voice.

"After you have a couple they begin to taste better." I said while laughing.

I went into my living room and organized the manga volumes on my book shelf.

I looked over at Monika again.

"Hey I'm gonna go check up on Yuri. I'm gonna make sure that she's not doing anything weird." I said.

Monika laughed and said okay. I'm not even sure that she heard what I said, because she was so engrossed in her book.

I walked down my hallway and opened the door to Yuri's room. The light was still on but Yuri was asleep. I went over to her to see that her sleeves were rolled up.

She had cuts on her arms, but they were healed. None of them were fresh.

"Oh thank God...she stopped." I said to myself. I rolled her sleeves down and then noticed something that made my heart drop. There was a rectangle indented in Yuri's sweater and pants.

"Is that the Portrait of Markov?" I said to myself.

The book was tucked in her waist band as if she was trying to hide it. Something about that book really concerned me about Yuri. I had to get it somehow.

While trying not to wake up Yuri, I slowly lifted her shirt above her waist. Then I slowly pulled down her pants to try and grab the book.

Suddenly Yuri jerked and slowly opened her eyes. I looked into her dark purple eyes. She looked at me surprised and then looked away embarrassed. She saw what I was doing....

"B-be gentle... you're my first..." She said in an embarrassed voice.

Oh my God she thinks I'm trying to...god damnit.

"N-no Yuri I'm just checking your wounds." I said while I swiftly grabbed the book. She didn't notice.

"My wounds are up her though." She said while pointing at her stomach.

"Heh I guess I forgot." I said while scratching my head. I quickly walked out of the room before Yuri could ask me anymore questions.

I think I heard her say "Damn it." As I walked out of the room. I wasn't gonna go back in there and investigate though.

I held onto the book this time. I didn't trust Yuri with it.

"How the hell did she even find this?" I said to myself. I walked back in the kitchen to see Monika laying face down in the table. I woke her up and told her to go to bed. I was going to carry her but I really didn't want to go back into Yuri's room. She sluggishly walked down the hallway into Yuri's room.

I turned out the lights and sat on my couch. I pulled out the mattress that was hidden under the cushions and laid on it. I opened the book and saw that there was something different. The first page now had a drawing of an eye on it. A familiar eye... the eye I saw in my dream.

"Holy shit." I said to myself.

I was about to start reading again until I heard faint footsteps come down the hallway. A small girl walked around the corner. That girl was Natsuki.

"I-I can't sleep..." She said.

-----------------------------------------------------------