Chapter Eight: Wounds From The Past

I woke up the next morning to see my phone going off in my pocket. It was my alarm going off to go to school. It went off about 2 hours ago.

"Ah shit... I just skipped school." I said to myself.

I put my phone on the table next to my bed.

I looked down to see Yuri still asleep on my chest. I almost didn't want to wake her. I moved her hair out of her face and parted it to the side. That caused Yuri to wake up. She turned her head to face me and gave me an innocence smile.

"Good morning." She said.

"Morning." I said. I began to get out of bed and so did Yuri. The thing I forgot though, was that I took Yuri's shirt off when I patched up her wounds. So when she stood up, I could see her in her bra.

"Uh... Yuri."

She looked down at herself and then slowly got the blanket off the bed to cover herself.

"Heh sorry, I guess I got a little carried away last night." She said.

Well shit, I guess it was easier for her to think she took her shirt off rather than me explaining how I took it off.

I grabbed a white dress shirt and handed it to Yuri. She put it on and started buttoning it. She was about halfway through, but then had trouble buttoning it around the chest area.

"Can you help me with this last button please?" She said.

"Uuuuuh sure!" I said.

I wasn't gonna miss out on a chance like this. It took me a minute, but I eventually got it buttoned.

"Do you want anything?" I asked her.

"Actually, could I make some tea?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

We both walked down the hallway into the kitchen. Monika was already in the kitchen drinking a cup of coffee and Sayori was eating some animal crackers she found in my pantry.

They dropped everything when they saw Yuri though. Even Yuri was surprised... or angry.... I guess she thought that she was the only one that escaped the game and it was just me and her...

"Yuri oh my God we missed you so much!" Sayori said while hugging her.

Monika slowly walked over to Yuri, but then joined Sayori in hugging Yuri.

I just sat back and watched all this unfold. It almost seemed like everything was back to normal... almost. I knew something was missing, and I guess nobody else noticed.

I walked back down the hallway into my room, and picked up the laptop that was on my floor from earlier. I replaced it on my table and looked at the screen.

"Yep, that's what I thought." I said to myself.

Just as I thought, the display was now showing pink swirls. That could only mean one thing. The little, pink haired, manga loving, tsundere girl named Natsuki.

I closed the door of my room so I could change into more comfortable clothing. I put on a pair of jeans and a random black sweatshirt. I put that pistol that I have been carrying around on that desk because it was starting to dig into my side.

I walked back into my living room to see Monika, Sayori, and Yuri all sitting on my couch.

"So you're not mad at me?" Monika said.

"No, I mean I was before, but then I realized that my life was too short to be mad at you." Yuri said.

"I don't think I could ever understand what you went through, I am so sorry I did that to you." Monika said.

I took a seat next to Monika and joined in on this conversation.

"So like, what are you guys gonna do about your education?" I asked.

"I never really thought about that..." Sayori and Monika said.

"I'm okay with being here as long as it's with you." Yuri said.

Monika squinted her eyes at Yuri but Yuri just ignored it.

"Well I mean I could enroll you guys into my school, but I mean I would need a guy to make you all fake IDs, birth records, passports, and everything else that proves you're citizens." I said.

"That sounds like quite a task." Yuri said.

"Well I think it would be wonderful to go to school with you." Monika said while hugging my arm.

"I'll see what I can do, besides I can't just keep you guys in my house everyday when I'm gone." I said.

"Speaking of keeping us in the house, remember what you promised me yesterday!" Sayori said.

Oh yeah, I promised to take her out for ice cream. I'll probably have to do that later.

"I remember, I remember." I said.

Sayori smiled gleefully at me.

"So, who wants some tea?" Yuri said.

Me and Sayori raised our hands and Yuri walked away into my kitchen. I watched the way she walked. Them long legs man...

Monika waved her hand in front of my eyes and gave me a disappointed look. I mean you can't really blame me, the only thing Yuri was wearing was my dress shirt... and I didn't have a problem with that.

Monika pinched my cheeks and then got up and walked away. I pulled out my phone to see that my friend Drew asked why I wasn't at school.

I told him that I was "sick." And by sick, I meant lovesick between all these cute girls.

I chuckled to myself at that joke I made. Well, I guess I got to go get ready for my date with Sayori. I actually look forward to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------