Chapter Five: Torn Friendships

"Holy shit... it's really is you, isn't it?" I said.

"W-who are you? Leave me alone, get away from me!" She yelled.

"What do you mean? It's me! Spencer!"

"Oh I know what you are! You were never my childhood friend! You were just some guy that took his place! He was never real...I was never real...WE WERE NEVER REAL!"

Sayori knelt her head down and started crying. I tried to move closer to her and comfort her but she looked back up at me.

"When I hung myself, I could still see. I could see everything! You just stood there and looked at my dead corpse, and when the game restarted, you just forgot my entire existence. Why did you hate me so much as to forget my death!?" Sayori said.

"I did remember your death! I continued the game to try and get you back! That 'me' in the game wasn't actually me. Everything that was in that game was just prewritten code!" I said.

I was trying to explain one of the most complicated things to a pissed off, crying girl who thought she loved me. There isn't even a good metaphor for this situation.

"Then why am I here?! If everything is prewritten then why do I exist? I watched everything after I died. I saw how Monika deleted me, made Yuri kill herself, and even deleted Natsuki!" She said.

"Sayori..." I fell to my knees in front of Sayori.

"You have a second chance, I got you out of there. I wanted to save you... I'm sorry I took so long." I said.

"Why would she do this to us? I thought Monika was my friend... why does she hate me so much?"

I slid over next to Sayori. We were right next to each other.

"It's hard to explain Sayori... just... you're alive now. You're with me... you have a second chance." I said

"Why do you care? You weren't my childhood friend... so why do you care so much for me?" She said.

"Because everyone deserves love Sayori... and just because all those memories of me and you were fake, it doesn't mean that me and you can't make new ones."

"D-do you really mean that?"

"Cross my heart." I made a finger "X" motion on my chest.

Sayori wiped the tears from her eyes and just stared at the ground.

"Thank you, Spencer... for the second chance I mean." She said.

"It's the least I could do. You were my friend once, and you still are." I said.

Sayori rested her head on my shoulder. She soon fell asleep. I slowly reached my arm around and untied the noose still hanging from Sayori's neck. I threw it across the room and just sat there with a cute girl sleeping on my shoulder.

After about 15 minutes I lifted Sayori up off the ground and placed her on my bed. I put the blankets over her. I noticed a mark around her neck, which was probably from the rope.

"Goodnight Sayori." I whispered. I leaned over and kissed Sayori on her forehead. She smiled in her sleep after I did that. I turned out the lights and left the room.

I passed the guest room and peeked my head in there. Monika was sound asleep on the bed. I turned out the lights in that room as well and walked down the hallway again.

I went into my kitchen and poured myself a glass of crown. I brought the glass to my couch and sat down.

"What a day..." I said to myself. I drank the entire glass of crown in one sitting. I leaned my head back and soon fell asleep on the couch.

I awoke the next morning to just silence. It was about 8 A.M. so Monika and Sayori probably weren't up yet.

I started to make a mental note while rubbing my face.

"Okay so, I have a game character in my house that has fallen in love with me, and now I have her friend who was killed by her sleeping in the same house as her... shit." I said to myself

I got up and went into my room, where Sayori was sleeping. She was still sound asleep. I sat on the side of the bed where she was sleeping and looked down at her.

"She's so cute." I said to myself.

I reached my hand out and tugged Sayori's cheek.

"Sayori, wake up." I said in a soft voice.

"Mmmm, 5 more minutes." She reached her arm and started swatting at me.

"If you sleep in, you won't get breakfast."

Sayori jerked up from her bed and looked at me with excitement.

"Breakfast?!" She said in a high voice.

I laughed to myself and walked over to my dresser. I realized the fact that Sayori didn't have any clothes, so she'd have to wear mine for the time being. I didn't have anymore sweatpants, so I gave Sayori a pair of running shorts and an old sweatshirt.

I began walking to the door, with Sayori following close behind me. She followed me into the hallway. I saw Monika at the other end of the hallway with her back turned to us. She was playing with something on a table.

She heard the door close behind me and Sayori. Time slowed down as I watched Monika slowly turn around to see not only me, but Sayori as well. "Oh shit..." I said to myself.

"Sayori?" Monika said in a faint voice.

I turned around to see Sayori standing there completely frozen. She could barely get any words out of her mouth.

"M-monika..." She said in a terrified voice.

"Oh my God... you're... you're alive." Monika said in an excited voice. She began walking towards me and Sayori, but that was a bad decision.

"YOU FUCKING TRAITOR! I'LL KILL YOU!" Sayori yelled as she began to lunge at Monika. I grabbed her by the back of her sweatshirt before she could attack Monika.

"Sayori she didn't mean to do what she did, she's sorry." I said in a calm voice to try and calm down this rabid Sayori.

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF SHE'S SORRY! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE PUT US THROUGH! YOU COULD'VE TOLD US THAT WE WERE IN A GAME INSTEAD OF MURDERING US!" Sayori completely snapped at this point, halfway between crying and being furious.

"This is gonna take a lot of work." I said to myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------