Chapter Nine: Think About The People That You Never Get to Love Part I

I went back into my room to grab some clothes before I took my shower, but then I noticed what a mess my room had become. There was a noose on my floor, a bloody school uniform, Monika's uniform, and last but not least, Sayori's uniform.

Looks like I had a bunch of girls over and... well I'm not gonna finish that sentence. I grabbed all the uniforms and threw them in a laundry chute and threw Sayori's noose away. A book fell out of one of the uniforms and landed onto the floor.

"What's this?" I said to myself. I grabbed the book and opened it.

"The Portrait of Markov..." I said to myself. "This may belong to Yuri."

I opened the book and the pages were somewhat stuck together. I peeled to the first page to see that there was no author name, title, or even page number. I flipped to the next page to see something that looks like a medical record.

"Patient was reported violent towards herself and others, we don't know when her third eye will open." I read softly to myself.

I suddenly felt a dark presence behind me. I turned around to see Yuri holding a plate with a cup of tea on it. I hid the book behind my back.

"Here's your tea." She said in a shy voice. I smiled to her and took the cup out of her hands.

"Thanks so much." I said. I leaned in and gave Yuri a little peck on her cheek.

She turned her head to the left and started twiddling with her hair. I reached out my hand and patted the top of her head.

She was about to say something but she heard the screeching of a teapot in the kitchen.

"Oh that's Sayori's tea, I'll be back." Yuri said while rushing out of the room.

I put the book into my desk drawer and looked at the laptop on my desk. I gazed upon the pink swirls that went around the screen.

"Where the hell is she?" I said to myself. I should probably ask Sayori later about what it was like being deleted to see if I can find any of that information useful.

I walked over to my bed and picked up my clothes. They were somewhat nice, as I promised Sayori a date yesterday. I made my way to my bathroom, which was at the end of my hallway. I reached for the doorknob and turned it slowly.

I opened the door to see that it was already occupied by someone trying to take a shower. She had her back turned to me.

She had a long ponytail that went all the way towards her thighs. Time went slow as she turned around and I saw the familiar pair of emerald green eyes.

I panicked and slammed the door shut and just stood behind the closed door. "Awe shiiiiiiiiit." I said to myself. Sayori came out if the guest room and punched me in the arm.

"Perv." She said jokingly.

"Hey..." I was going to try and defend myself but it was no use.

I waited for Monika to finish in the shower and then I began getting ready. I put on an old t-shirt and flannel with a pair of blue jeans.

I walked into the living room to see Sayori sitting on the couch in her new clothes. She wore a pair of skinny jeans and a sweater. She wore an infinity scarf to hide the rope mark around her neck.

"Shall we be going?" I said in an attempted gentleman's voice. It didn't work...

Sayori giggled and skipped over to me. We walked down to my car and drove to the ice cream parlor.

The place was called "Aaron's Helado" It was a small little joint but the ice cream was said to be really good.

I ordered an ice cream cone with chocolate. Sayori on the other hand, ordered a Sundae with so many toppings that it would be easier to tell you which toppings she didn't get.

"Why don't we eat outside? It's a beautiful day out." I said.

"Okay." Sayori said while giving me a million dollar smile.

We walked outside and she sat down at a small table. I sat down across from her.

"How's your Sundae... or whatever you call that?" I said in a jokingly voice.

"Shuuuuper gwood." Sayori said with her mouth full of ice cream.

I chuckled at her. I noticed that there was ice cream on Sayori's cheek, so I grabbed a napkin and wiped it off. Sayori smiled at me.

"What?" I said in a nervous voice.

"Nothing, it's just that you're always treating me like your daughter, it reminds me of when we were kids and you w-." Sayori began talking but stopped when she realized that I wasn't really her childhood friend.

"It's okay Sayori, I always thought of you as a childhood friend." I said. She looked at me almost a little embarrassed.

"Thank you...for everything I mean." She said.

She slid across the circular table and sat right next to me.

"I told you that I'll always be here for you." I said. She placed her hand on top of mine.

I rustled Sayori's hair and she began to giggle. "S-stop it!" Sayori said while laughing.

"You'll have to make me!" I said in an evil voice.

"Okay! Okay! I give! I give!" Sayori yelled. I decided to show Sayori some mercy and let go of her. Sayori looked up at me, and then latched onto me with a big hug. I hugged Sayori back.

"She's really soft." I said to myself. I swear I kind of heard Sayori say something while hugging me but I think she said "I love you."

It was getting late so me and Sayori drove home. On the ride home she sparked conversation.

"If it's any consolation, I like you a lot better than my childhood friend." She said while making finger quotation marks.

"Why? Because I'm real?" I said in a jokingly voice.

"No it's just, he was like a dad, but a mean one. He often made fun of me for waking up late... and I'm sure you remember the reason that I woke up late." She said.

"Yeah..." I said.

"I mean I know I was clumsy and everything, but he was a little harsh. I actually cried the night that he made fun of me for not having a boyfriend. I had mixed feelings for him to be honest... but everything is okay now because I have someone like you." She's said while placing her hand on top of mine.

"You won't have to worry about any of that again, all of you are in a safe place." I said reassuringly.

"I really appreciate what you did for all of us, I'm just so happy that..." Sayori stopped mid sentence with tears going down her cheeks.

I patted her on her back and she wiped her tears away. "It's okay Sayori, everything is okay now." I said.

"Please never leave us again." She said while looking at me with the saddest eyes I've ever seen.

"I never will, I promise you that." I said.

Sayori eventually stopped crying and we made our way back to my house. We got out of the car and made it to my door.

-----------------------------------------------------------