Chapter Twelve: Stay Alive

I grabbed the pizza from the delivery boy and tipped him handsomely. I dropped the boxes on the table and called for Monika, Sayori, and Yuri.

Sayori bolted into the kitchen and opened the top pizza box.

"Ewe pineapple." She said in a disgusted voice.

Monika walked in and gave Sayori the death stare, and then grabbed a slice and put it on her plate.

Yuri walked in the kitchen smiling somewhat. That was the first time I've ever seen her smile.

I grabbed a slice of pepperoni pizza and sat down at my dining room table. Monika sat across from me and Sayori sat next to me. Yuri sat next to Monika but didn't look too happy about it.

"So how was school?" Monika said, sparking conversation.

"Oh um good, just getting through some classes." I said. I never really liked school so I never liked to go into too much detail.

"I missed when we used to write poems." Yuri said while cutting her pizza with a knife. I guess that's just the way she eats.

"Me too." Sayori said.

"Well why don't we? I mean for old time sake." Monika said.

"Yeah it'll be just like old times with the five of us." Sayori said while stretching her arms in the air.

"Five?" Yuri said in a confused voice.

Monika looked at me in a concerned face.

"Listen g-." I was about to start talking but I heard a really loud thud in my room.

"Oh shit... she's here..." Monika said in a scared voice.

"Who is here?" Yuri and Sayori said unison.

"Stay here." I said.

I walked quickly down the hallway. I walked over to my bedroom door and opened it slowly.

I walked in and saw a pink haired girl facing my wall. She turned around and looked directly at me.

"AHH." She screamed. She ran towards the table and grabbed the handgun that I set on there a while back.

"Natsuki calm down." I said in a somewhat panicked voice.

"Who are you?! Get the fuck away from me!" Natsuki yelled.

Monika stepped in behind me, and Sayori and Yuri stood in the doorway.

"Get away from me! I know what you all are! None of you were never real! You're all programs! You were never my friends you fucking traitors!" Natsuki said while panicking. She began swinging the gun around pointing it at all of us.

I decided to try and solve this situation by trying to grab the gun. I slowly walked over to Natsuki.

"Get back! GET BACK!" Natsuki said.

Suddenly I heard a loud bang and Natsuki dropped the gun. She looked at me with terrified eyes and covered her mouth with her hands.

I looked down at my stomach and felt a sharp pain. Blood began to show coming through my shirt.

"Ah shit..." I said to myself as I began to loose sight. Everything began to go black and I fell to the ground.

I began to regain consciousness and began to hear things.

"I didn't mean to... I didn't mean to..." I heard Natsuki saying.

I began to regain my sight and saw something that made even me feel bad. Monika was hanging onto my left hand and Yuri was hanging onto my right. Sayori was looking down at me above my head, and Natsuki was standing back watching me and biting her fingernails. She was terrified.

I began to get up and stood up. I stretched my arms out and looked at Natsuki.

"You know, that actually kinda fuckin hurt." I said while covering my bullet wound.

Yuri, Monika, and Sayori looked up at me dumbfounded. I think they thought I died.

I turned to Natsuki again to see her running towards me. She jumped on me and wrapped her arms around my back.

"I-Im so sorry Spencer... I didn't mean to, I swear!" Natsuki said.

"It's fine, it's not the first time and certainly won't be the last."

Monika and Yuri also gathered around me and hugged me. Sayori joined in last.

That probably wasn't a good idea considering the fact that I am indeed bleeding out of my stomach.

They let go of me and I sat down on my bed.

"D-do you want me to bandage you?" Yuri said.

"Oh um, yeah sure." I said.

"I mean it's only fair because you bandaged me up when I needed help." She said.

"Yeah I guess so." I said.

I began taking off my sweatshirt and then took off my T-shirt.

"Oh my." Monika said.

"Hehe not bad." Natsuki said.

Sayori remained silent and looked at me with amazed eyes.

They all made comments about me not having a shirt on. I guess I was in good physical shape... or this is the first shirtless guy they have ever seen.

Yuri walked back in with bandages and began to blush when she saw me.

"I think the bullet went straight through me so I just need bandages." I said while pointing at the bullet hole in the floor.

Yuri began wrapping the bandages around my waist, doing it extra slowly and carefully. I could hear her breathing really hard.

She eventually finished and I stood up. I hugged Yuri and put my shirt back on.

"Okay so I guess you need some explaining." I said.

"No not really, they explained everything while you were dead." Natsuki said.

"Wait so you're not mad at me either?" Monika said.

"Oh no, I'm fucking pissed. But I'm not killing you right now because I just shot Spencer." Natsuki snapped.

"Look Natsuki I'll make you a deal. I'll forget this ever happened and you'll forgive Monika." I said.

I reached my hand out to Natsuki and she angrily shook it.

"Don't think this means I like you or anything!" She said.

"Hehe classic tsundere." I said.

Natsuki stuck her tongue out at me and Yuri escorted her out. Monika followed after them. I guess they were going to catch up or something. Sayori was the only one left in the room.

"P-please don't die again." She said in a cute innocent voice.

I chuckled a little bit.

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on it anytime soon."

I pulled Sayori in for a hug and we both walked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------