27~

Suadade!

__________________________________

How strange it is,
That after all that
We are strangers again•

________________________________________________

Its been a long week since I came back to this place again. After being here, it brought back again all the memories like a flooding river.
I went to the university again just for a visit but it broke my heart when the professor, on asking told me that He had dropped from his major midway. Was it because of me? No, why would he give up on his dreams after me?
I was tensed because I knew that how passionate he was about his dreams and music and how much he wanted to be a fanous artist.
It really did break my heart.

I pushed away all the persisting thoughts and got up when the alarm went off. It's been my weird habit lately. I would usually wake up before the alarm bell. But I would just keep laying in the
bed- thinking about that particular person, and would wait for the alrm to ring.
I got up and got all set for my very first day in office. I was really nervous, about how people are going to treat me there as- a Muslim, as a hijabi.
•••

Sitting there in some office, tapping my heel on the floor constantly in nervousness. I was waiting for the manger to come. I smiled when I realized that I'll be working in such big company as a graphic designer. It was always my dream and I made it through, chasing it.
I got up from the luxurious couch to explore the bookrack placed in the corner of room. I walked there and stopped before the rack, trailing my finger on the books when my finger stopped on a particular book-the book I once lost yet it was never lost but he was the one who kept it. I intertwined my brows, confusingly.

Suddenly the door knob clicked making me turn around but only to be left frozen at my place.
There it is -the moment I have been longing for, the moment I often prayed for. I felt my body go numb, my heart beat stopped and feet froze there onto the ground, being unable to move and walk towards him.
How could I even I stay normal possibly?

He was standing there- but he wasn't even looking at me. He just glanced at me and lowered his head. Was he not shocked to see me after more than 2 years or he really did forget me and moved on with his life?

"It's been a long time, Kim Taehyung!" I finally broken the silence surrounding us after a few seconds as I struggled to walk a few steps towards him. He raised his head with an empty gaze.

"Yeah, it's been a long time, Ms.Ayesha!" That deep voice- which kept lingering in mind even after leaving him. I missed it.
And he remembered me!

"So you've finally achieved your goal, you've become a graphic designer as you dreamt of becoming one, congratulations for that".
What is this? Why is he talking to me so normally like he is not by my presence anymore like he was used to-.

"But you didn't chase after what you dreamt of"
He slightly smiled, curling up the corners of his lips, totally ignoring my question.

"So I guess we'll keep seeing each other now, since I am your manager now!" He pressed his lips forming a line. "Welcome here!"

I wasn't afraid here anymore. I know he will protect me, if someone criticize me for my appearance now. I was glad that he was my manager. It looked so surreal-that again I'll be having him around me like the good old days yet those were the worst ones.

He smiled and turned to leave but I was quick at wit about what I had to do next-.

"Taehyung, wait a second". He stopped reluctantly and turned around with a confused look.

"Hnm?"

I moved towards the table and took a paper and pen and wrote on the paper and after doing so, I moved my hands towards his direction handing him the piece of paper.

"What is this?" He asked taking the paper from my hand.

"My phone number" I smiled.