Chapter 1

This is a work of fiction and everything in this story is my ideas.

Because I've changed the ending a bit, I have rewritten this chapter, not to mention that I didn't love how it turned out.

Warning: Please remember that the person writing this has no idea what she's doing and spends her time daydreaming about guys that don't exist.

The story will get better later on! Hopefully..

Alexa's PoV

Sighing, I looked out the window at the passing landscapes.

My mom looked at me worriedly.
"Look, I'm sorry, I know you didn't make friends easily and now you're forced to move but I really wanted this to work."

"I know mom." I was grateful to have a mother who cared about me so much and I was glad she had found someone as nice as Matt, who was now my stepfather, so I wanted to be there for her.

Matt was already waiting at our new home for us. He had moved in to help find a school for me and start working at his new job. He had a daughter who was 10 but I hoped I wouldn't be stuck babysitting all the time.

"I'll try my best." I said as I plugged in my headphones only dreading the long journey ahead of us.

My mom had always supported me and she deserved to be happy. She was worried about me because I had been bullied in the past, I remember dreading school (though that part hasn't changed) and being sat alone in the corner of a classroom. I always wondered why people enjoyed bullying others, it's like they loved being the character that people hate in books and movies.

However, after a while I had had enough. I started exercising to get fitter and although I didn't have the money for classes, I learnt a few fighting and defence skills of my own.

This was both a good and bad thing: I didn't get bullied anymore because I had stood up for myself. But, at the same time, I was known as the loner of the class.

I turned my attention back to my mom and chased those thoughts away whilst listening to my favorite song.

My mom smiled as she decided to let things sink in. We were moving and this would hopefully be a way for us to forget what had happened years ago.

~~~~~

It was the beginning of autumn and the mountains looked beautiful under the sunlight. We had just arrived and my mom was trying to wake me up as I reluctantly opened my eyes. She had just disrupted my nap and I wasn't really excited to be here but I was going to try and be nice because I wanted things to work out.

I was nervous but I slowly stepped outside and jumped not expecting the loud greeting from Matt. "Hey I'm so glad you're here, how was the journey?"

My mom hugged the tall man as they smiled at each other. "Good, although grumpy here slept through all of it."

I looked up. "Mom, seriously?"

I looked over at Matt and tried not to look too awkward. He had brown hair and brown eyes but he was tanned and he had an air about him that was quite comforting.

We walked inside the house which looked big compared to our old home but it was white, tall and you could see the forest behind it.

My eyes wandered around the huge living room. It was cosy and the fireplace was lit with the fire blazing in the corner.

"Follow me." Matt said as he walked upstairs and brought me to a room. My mom followed behind watching my reaction at my new room.

"So what do you think?" Matt wondered as I looked at the wide space. There was a huge window on the wall and a bed stood on the left. The room looked simple and plain as I walked over towards the wardrobe against the right wall.

"Actually, I love it thank you." I smiled at them and was happy because this meant I could decorate it how I wanted it. This would be my space and I felt safe.. for now.

Relief washed over my mom as she took us both downstairs where Lilly, Matt's daughter, was already sitting patiently at the table.

Matt had prepared lunch and my mom had already told him about my weird obsession with food. She wondered how I managed to be constantly hungry but she felt like she could finally relax, now that we were all together.

"So you start school tomorrow. I'm sorry you could only come at the last minute but I can give you a ride if you want?" Matt works so I will have to catch a bus but he could make it tomorrow and he felt guilty for making us come here so quick.

"Yeah thanks. " I said, my voice barely audible due to the huge amount of food in my mouth.

He chuckled as he spoke. "I know this will be difficult for you since you struggle with people but I really am happy you guys are here and tell me if you need anything. "

I didn't like relying on people but I knew that he was being honest.

Stretching, I yawned and sat up. "Um, I'm sorry but I think I'll go to sleep. Matt, thanks for the offer. Goodnight. "

"Goodnight!" Lily finally spoke as I smiled at her before going upstairs.

~~~~~

Sitting by the window, I looked outside into the woods as I put my headphones on. I loved music and it would always comfort me so I would never go anywhere without it. It was my favourite. After food of course.

I watched as the yellow leaves fell down and rested my heavy head against the window. Suddenly, I felt weird as a chill ran down my spine. Trying to make sense of the situation, I looked around me to see my room looking perfectly normal. There was nothing here apart from my messy suitcase that was in the middle of the floor yet I couldn't shake the weird feeling off.

Confused, I looked back outside. At the same spot I was looking at earlier now sat a huge black wolf.

And it was staring right at me.

~~~~~

Hey guys, I know this was short but I wasn't really sure how this would turn out. I will keep writing when I have time because I have so many ideas for this.

Please comment and tell me what you think! I hope this first chapter was okay.
-Bella