Chapter 10

Alexa's PoV

"We're mates Alex."

I felt like I was going to be sick. My mind couldn't even comprehend half of what those words meant.

"What does this even mean?"

"All you need to know is that both of us will keep suffering unless we complete the bond or.. break it."

"Break it?"

"You can reject your mate. For a human it will probably be fine, although being rejected is a horrifying experience. It hurts like hell but at least human can find someone else."

"What about you?" I watched his pained expression.

"A wolf only has one mate. They will keep living, but as though half of them is missing. Basically, you'll feel empty and broken for the rest of your life."

"You know.. "I struggled to get the words out, "this is insane, you're suddenly telling me I was attacked by werewolves, these weird emotions over powering me are normal, my headache will continue unless I become mates with you, someone I don't even know!"

"I know, I'm sorry."

I can't reject him. I would be a terrible person to do that to him. No matter how annoying he is.

"So you mean I'm not the only one feeling this way?" I asked, I couldn't point out that I felt like I knew this stranger since forever, that I felt like I could trust him and that I couldn't bare staying away.

This was weird for me, I was always alone, I was even surprised when Cathy brought me into her circle of friends. I never really paid attention to any guy before because I had so much on my mind before we moved here.

I never felt this way before.

"No, you're not." He said, understanding what I meant. "And its as weird for me as it is for you."

"I don't know, it's not like I can shift at any moment and turn into an animal." I laughed. What am I doing? This is not the time to be making jokes Alex.

"Right, good point. But I think you're forgetting that I hated you before this, you really got on my nerves, and then that night I ran away confused because I was enjoying talking to you."

He laughed, "But then you caught up to me, as stubborn as ever, and before I knew it I turned seventeen. I knew that I could find my mate but I never expected it to be literally that second, especially since it took me so long to realize what was happening."

He suddenly groaned, grabbing his head and closing his eyes.

"Is this because of the bond?"

"Yeah." Was all he could mutter.

"So I'm not the only one who's been suffering.." That's why he stumbled earlier today?

I looked at him. "How do we complete the bond?"

His eyes widened, "You do know how weird this will be for a human, I never imagined a human mate, I mean you'll be able to sense my presence, my emotions and hear me sometimes."

"I know, I heard you the first time but I don't want to keep being hurt. Just so you know, I'm still human and I'm not just going to suddenly start acting like we're best friends."

He chuckled. "Yeah, I understand."
"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

He grabbed my hand. "Just close you eyes, this might feel overwhelming for you at first."