Chapter 26

The week had gone back so fast, we were packing and had to leave France to go back home.

Cathy was chewing gum whilst laying on the bed, staring up at her phone.

"Aren't you going to pack?" I looked at her.

"I did." Her eyes never left her phone.

I looked at the sandwhich of clothes in between her suitcase and then back at her.

"You call that packing?" I chuckled.

"Don't judge me." She finally looked at me. "I'll just sit on it and then it'll close."

"Right. Logic." I shook my head and sighed.

Through the door, I could see Max packing his own stuff. Our eyes would meet from time to time, we would smile at each other and go back to our own stuff.

I was still confused. Technically Isaac never said he was okay with this, although it's not like it's his choice if we can be together or not. I just wanted him as alpha to allow Max to stay in the pack.  Alive.

I shuddered at the thought and walked down the stairs.

I heard footsteps and turned around to see his crystal eyes staring back at me.

A smile crept onto my face, awakening the familiar butterflies I got every time.

His eyes never left mine until I saw his expression change from a smile to a frown and his vision focused on something behind me. I turned on my heel and nearly jumped when I saw Isaac, expressionless.

"Hey." Max tested the grounds.

Isaac didn't speak, he just came closer to us.

"About yesterday," He started, staring blankly at us.

I gulped and had to physically stop myself from closing my eyes out of fear, half expecting him to kick us out, or worse.

"I thought about it for a long time but.." He continued.

I saw Max shift his balance nervously. He was as worried as I was.

Oh God here it comes, I braced myself for the worst.

"Max."

"Yes?" Max looked up at him when he heard his name.

"I just have one question."

Please don't hurt him. Please don't hurt him... Wait a question?

"Yeah.." Max said, his voice sounded dry and hoarse.

"Why haven't you marked her yet?" Isaac started laughing.

Max started chocking on nothing, and I looked up at Isaac. My eyes widening.

"What?" Max couldn't believe what he had just said.

"Come on, I taught you better than this. Anyone could steal her right now." Isaac patted Max's shoulder and started walking past us, laughing. "You guys should have seen your faces. It was priceless. I should have taken a picture." He spoke, not turning around as his voice grew faint whilst he exited the room.

I looked at Max wondering what just happened.

"Does that mean.." I looked into his eyes.

He nodded, smiling. "Yeah.."

He turned to me. "He just gave us his approval."

We both had the widest grins, and I jumped into his arms as he lifted me up into a hug.

"I'm so happy!" I couldn't help but exclaim.

"Yeah me too." He buried his face into my neck as he spun me around.