Chapter 32

Slowly humming along to the beat blasting from my headphones, I closed my eyes whilst enjoying the few moments of calm I was getting.

A few days had passed and not much was happening. It was pretty worrying not knowing when the hunters will strike. All we knew is that we had to prepare for the worst.

Whilst the pack was out training and learning some new techniques and schemes to catch the hunters off guard, I had gone to school and found out that thankfully I had passed my exams. This meant that the next year I could continue my studies with Max and the others which had me burning with excitement.

I was looking at the bracelet around my arm, wondering why my mom had given me a bracelet with wolfsbane. Maybe she didn't even know it contained it? I put the bracelet down next to the bed.

Interrupting my trail of thought, Max's head popped out from behind the door.

"Hey." He smiled sheepishly.

"Hi." I gave him a smile in return.

I propped myself up against the headboard of the bed whilst it dipped from underneathe me as Max settled by my side.

"You done training?" I wondered seeing as his hair had a couple water droplets falling down, probably a result of him taking a shower.

"Yeah." He smiled, probably engrossed in thought.

A comfortable silence settled between us. I wasn't sure what to do but his hair caught my attention so I reached up to run my hand though it. I tugged gently on the loose ends that were still slightly wet. Max who had been watching me gently closed his eyes as though he enjoyed the feeling.

My other hand found it's way to his arm that he was using to balance himself whilst sat on the bed. I slowly traced the features of it whilst climbing up higher until I reached his neck.

Don't ask me what I was doing because I wasn't in control. My body craved his touch that I had longed for the past few days.

I reached up, finally cupping the side of his neck and cheek. I trailed my thumb across his lip, and he opened it slightly whilst trapping my finger in between his lips.

His eyes that had been closed opened, and his usually light blue eyes had turned a few shades darker.

The want I could see in them had my body set on fire, especially after the agonizinly slow time that I took getting to his lips.

I moved from one corner of his mouth to the other whilst his eyes followed my every move.

My eyes finally looked up to stare into his, and I muttered the only thing that came to mind in the trance that I had us both caught up in.

"You want me." I stated.

His eyes widened slightly, not expecting that sentence to come out from my mouth.

"No shit." He smirked before pressing his lips against mine.

The built up tension was released and as he pulled away after the soft and gentle kiss I quickly pulled him back for another one.

He chuckled against my lips which I didn't appreciate so I pushed him down on the bed, climbing over him.

We pulled away slightly, allowing him to look into my eyes or the smirk plastered across my lips.

He lifted an eyebrow but didn't move, probably seeing where I would take this.

I took the lead, kissing him passionately and enjoying the way my body set ablaze. He responded just as fiercely, probably feeling the heat building up between us.