Chapter 23

Turning on the hot water, I let the water relax my muscles in the shower.

I was annoyed and frustrated, Shae had thrown a snowball at Max so he had pulled away in the end. As much as I couldn't ever admit it, I wanted him to kiss me.

I closed my eyes as I stepped fully underneath the flowing water. The hot water felt euphoric on my cold skin, caressing every tension in my body.

I was the last to use the bathroom upstairs, so everyone was probably waiting for me downstairs to hurry up so we could eat. I never knew Isaac was a great cook but apparently he had learned when he was little.

Isaac.. He had become really nice, having fun with us and actually not insulting me at all. Yet I knew how easily he could change and become cold again if anyone threatened his pack or... Was a human mated to a pack member.

I stepped out, wrapping a towel around myself and walked to the bedroom.

I chose some simple black jeans with a white off shoulder sweater. Perfect for the holiday season. People were so excited about tomorrow, sneaking in alcohol and celebrating New Years together. I couldn't wait for the fireworks that Mr Clark had told us about. Apparently they were beautiful seen from the chalets. I was so engrossed in thought that I forgot that people were waiting for me and rushed out.

Although I was quick, I noticed a light shining from the room opposite. Was someone still here?

Pushing it slightly open, I saw Max in nothing but jeans as he ran a hand through his hair, slightly damp.

He turned noticing my stare, but didn't say anything.

"Oh um, I think we should hurry. The others are waiting for us."

"Right." He nodded, his stare lingering on my exposed skin.

I blushed, I wasn't even showing much, but I stupidly watched as he went to pick up a hoodie.

He bent to pick it up, revealing a red mark on his back that I hadn't noticed before.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I ran up to him.

"Nothing, we were attacked." He spoke to me over his shoulder, barely making eye contact.

"Your wound is quite bad." I said as I touched the healing yet quite big wound.

"I'll be fine. I'm a werewolf." He offered me a half smile.

Something urged me to touch his skin, as my hand moved to touch the area around his wound. He flinched.

"Sorry." I looked at him, yet his eyes were closed.

I traced his back slowly, his muscles tensed visibly under my touch.

"Lex." His voice came out more as a groan.

"What." It wasn't a question, I enjoyed the feeling of his body's warmth under my fingers.

Water dripped from his wet hair and trickled down his body, adding to how attractive he looked.

My hand moved down as I caressed his back with my thumb but he suddenly turned and grabbed my wrist.

"Stop." His eyes were clouded over.

"S-sorry." I stuttered as my body was overcome with desire.

From his response, he must have been feeling the same.

He suddenly flinched and pulled away.

"What's wrong?"

He looked at his hand which was now bright red. He took my right hand that he had grabbed earlier.