Chapter 20

One day before the trip.

I was kind of excited, but also exhausted.
I had stayed up late talking to Max, I wish I could spend even more time with him.

Sprawled out on Cathy's couch, who wasn't even here, I was talking to Will.

"Okay so, does that mean that you can smell those cookies in the kitchen right now even though they're so far away?"

"I can smell even further away than that you know." He chuckled, showing his dimples.

"What about, oh! Does that mean you can hear what me and Cathy talk about?"

"Yeah." He shortly replied, half as embarrassed as I was.

"What, that's so cool!" I played with the necklace Max gave me.

"Did Max give it to you?" Will noticed the object of my interest, which I had been admiring this whole time.

"Yeah."

"When is this guy going to make a move.." He whispered something under his breath.

"Huh?" I looked at him as he shook his head.

"Nevermind."

Cathy came in bursting through the front door.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Talking." She doesn't mind us being friends right?

"I'm offended." Oh no..

"... That you are hanging out without me! Move, let me sit on the couch." She pushed me aside.

"What were you talking about?"

"Life." I repositioned myself so that I was more comfortable and stared at the ceiling.

"How was seing mom and dad, are they doing okay?" Will asked Cathy as she turned the TV on.

"It was good! I wish you would visit them with me. I still don't get why you don't want to go?" She looked at her brother.

"It doesn't matter."

"They were a bit weird though." She tapped a finger to her chin, deep in thought.

"What do you mean?" Will asked.

"Well, they kept asking questions like, have I run into any wolves in the woods lately. I mean, who even asks that it's so weird-" Cathy continued ranting whilst Will and I exchanged a knowing look.

"Right, what else did they ask?"

"Hmm that's it I think." She hummed in thought.

I was definitely asking Will about this later. Were they werewolves too? I mean Will was a werewolf but Cathy was human. I just realized how much I still didn't know.

"Oh by the way." Cathy bounced on the couch happily. "What clothes have you got prepared for the trip?"

"Just a bunch of warm sweaters." And my headphones since I didn't go anywhere without them.

"I can't wait. I just can't believe we're all sharing a chalet with all the guys." She said.

"Yeah.." The thought made me excited for this trip. I would get to see him. Even if I was just a friend, I wanted to be there for him. I shook my head, why did my thoughts keep returning to Max?

"Okay, I've got pizza." Will returned into the room. I hadn't even noticed that he left.

This reminded me of the first time I came to their house. I had stayed here watching a movie with them, eating pizza. If someone had told me at the time that all of this would happen, I would have laughed at them but here I was, sat next to a werewolf and hiding the truth from my best friend. I still felt guilty about it, but I knew Will had a good reason for not telling his sister and I was going to trust him with that.