Chapter 5

Alexa's PoV

I spent the whole day daydreaming as every lesson we had bored me to death. I was meeting Cathy outside the school so that we could go shopping together. I made my way out of the white building and through the gates where she was already waiting with Will.

"Hey guys, no offense but I didn't know you were coming with us." I looked at Will.

He smiled "Yeah I just love carrying my sister's heavy bags after she's been to every single shop there is."

"Hey!" Cathy glared at her brother.

"I didn't take you for a guy who goes shopping with his sister." I turned to Will.

"I guess I have nothing else to do." He looked awkward as though he remembered something.

My thoughts were interrupted as Cathy dragged us both to the car.

"I didn't take you for a shopper either." Will continued as he sat in the driver's seat.

"I didn't have a choice, I was dragged by your sister." I spoke, wondering what I was doing here.

"Glad to know I'm not the only one." Will said as he drove out of the school car park.

"By the way, who's birthday party is it? Are you sure it's okay I'm coming too?" I asked the question that's been on my mind.

Will laughed, "You don't want to know.  Trust me."

He had peaked my curiosity. "Tell me, I want to know."

"Well-" he looked thoughtful as he made a tight turn to the right "it's Max's."

I was confused "I didn't see him as the party type."

"He isn't... But Isaac and Ace are. They spend their nights out."

"But yeah they're the one's throwing it, apparently turning seventeen is a big deal."

"Great." I'll never be able to avoid them.

"So, how did you guys become friends?" I asked, I didn't see why Will, who seemed so nice, wanted to be friends with them.

He took his time answering, "Well, it just kind of happened, Isaac helped me out when I needed it." He paused.

"But I think you're too quick to judge them, you don't know them but Isaac always has a reason for everything he does."

I looked up at Will, who was staring straight at the road. He looked serious.

So people now had reasons for beating other people up? Well he better have a really good reason for it.

~~~~~

We had arrived at the mall just about an hour ago and Cathy, after drooling at all the clothes, already had her eyes on several dresses.

"Which should I get? Oh there's this cute white one, but this red one looks hot. Oh and that black one is perfect... Ah I can't choose!"

I was zoning out, they were all beautiful but completely out of my price range. I was pulled back to reality when Cathy called my name.

"Alexa?" She looked at me. "Which one do I pick?"

"You should try them all on first." I suggested.

"Have you found one?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Not yet." That wasn't a complete lie, I really liked the black lace dress they had that was cut out on the back but it cost several thousands. I found it useless to buy something I'd only wear once.