Chapter 15

I was hoping to find out more and find answers to my questions but that seemed impossible as we were sat in Will's car, everybody not saying a word.

"So.." I spoke up. "What's going to happen?" I didn't elaborate on the fact that I was talking about the Red Moon pack and what would happen when their alpha found out about half of his pack going missing. It wouldn't take him long to trace it back to this pack. What was this pack called anyways?

"The Midnight Black pack." Max didn't answer to the voiced question, but the one that had been on my mind.

"Are you- I mean, did you just-" I couldn't help the happiness I felt when I found out that Max had heard my thoughts. Even though we weren't saying anything on the way to Will's house Max had stopped ignoring me and I guess you could say he 'unblocked' me.

A smile tugged at his lips. "Why does something so simple make you so happy." He muttered under his breath.

Will cleared his throat. "I'm here you know."

"So what?" Max gave him a harsh look from the rearview mirror. He had decided to sit next to me in the back of the car, not that I minded.

"I didn't like where this conversation was going. Anyways," Will continued. "To answer your earlier question, I don't think the alpha will be happy knowing beta Derrick is dead so-"

"Derrick!?" I exclaimed, cutting him off.

Actually, that made sense, the wolf had familiar brown eyes and now I could match them with Derrick's.

"He was a werewolf?" I remembered the evil smile he gave Max at the Halloween party. He had spoken to him as though they knew each other and it made sense if they were rivals. Was that why Max had been so angry? I still remembered that distant look in his eyes when he lost control over his emotions and I was even afraid he would kill him.

"Yeah. An important one too, Max and him have been rivals for a while. They despised each other. No one could stop that cat fight from happening." Will grinned.

"Cat fight? Are you trying to annoy me or is that a talent?" Max glared.

"Woah calm down, I didn't say anything that bad. Or.... Maybe you're so upset because you found Alexa in my arms when you finally showed up."

I knew Will was trying to annoy Max by making him jealous. I read somewhere that werewolves were very possessive of their mates. But that didn't make sense because Max was the one that had decided to stay away from me.

I decided to join in. "Thanks for saving me by the way. The bond was really messing with my head and I could barely walk by the time you got here."

I felt Max tense next to me.

"No problem. I'll always be here to take care of you since someone decided to abandon you."

"Can you go any faster." Max was growing impatient.

Will took a turn into the driveway. "Actually, we're here. You're finally safe Alex." He flashed me a smile.

Max got out of the car and dragged me out of it by force.

"Max?" I asked as he kept his hand wrapped around mine, taking me around to the back of Will's house.

"Hey but Will is-"

"Will you shut up about Will for a second!" This was the first time I heard Max raise his voice.

We were back at the pool side, where we first talked. It was as secluded as before the only difference was the bright sunlight and everything that happened since then.