Chapter 12

Alexa's PoV

I was sat on the bus when I texted my mom about the christmas trip I was excited on going on. I got a text back just as the trio got on like usual.

Mom: "Will there be boys?" She also sent a weird emoji with wide eyes.

Me: Yes, but it's not like I'll hang out with them really.

Mom: Aww my daughter is finally growing up, make sure to talk to them.

Me: What? No. Mom it's really not what you think.

She probably thought I would come back with a boyfriend or something.

Mom: But I was going to make dinner for him?

Me: Who? 

Mom: Your boyfriend.

Me: Mom, I'm not planning on getting a boyfriend.

Mom: Of course not, just make sure to be safe and of course you can go.

She sent me a winking emoji just as I sighed pressing on my temples.

Me: Doesn't matter. I gotta go, we're at school. Plus I haven't even gone to the Halloween party yet.

Mom: Bye! Make sure to bring a date to that Halloween party too!

Rolling my eyes, I put my phone away in my bag and got off the bus, ready for another dreadful day.

At the end of Mr Clark's usual lesson, he announced the groups in which we would be staying in for the Christmas trip. It was funny how they had already prepared this trip since we still had Halloween to look forward to next week. Just two more days of school left.

I found out that I would be in a chalet with Isaac, Ace, Max, Cathy, Will, Shae and Ellie. Two girls from our class. Two girls flirting with Max right now.

I rolled my eyes and walked away.

The day seemed to pass by especially slowly as those two girls kept following Max, Ace and Isaac ever since they found out they would be in the same group. As though just because of this they had a bigger chance with them. Ace didn't mind shamelessly flirting back but Max just stared out the window the whole time. It was actually kind of funny to watch them try so hard when he wasn't even paying attention.

At lunch, we were sat at our usual table when Ace stood up, putting his hands on the table making it wobble.

"Who's coming to the Halloween party?" He asked excitedly.

"Who are you asking?" Will spoke up. "Because if you're asking me then is that even a question?"

"Nope, I was asking Alexa here mainly."

Max, who had been in his thoughts, had his attention brought back to the conversation. I was happy I noticed it. Did he care? I couldn't help but stay hopeful. Wait, hopeful for what?

Ace grinned, as though he noticed Max's interest as well.

"Um actually. I was planning on chilling at home."