Chapter 16

"So what did you mean when you told Isaac to mark her?" We were walking down the small path back to Will's house.

"U-um well.. " he stuttered. "You see, when a werewolf finds his or her mate, they kind of have this need to put their mark on her, so that every wolf knows that she is his."

My eyes widened. "That's messed up. So what he like, bites her?"

"Yeah.."

"How does that work, doesn't the mark disappear?"

"No, not only that but in a way he's putting his smell on her so that everyone can smell him on her. Werewolves hate smelling others on their mate so this is a way to stop any other wolves from approaching his mate."

I stopped walking. "Did you.. I mean, what about you?"

He stopped a few steps in front of me and looked down. "I can't lie and say I haven't thought about it."

I felt myself blush at the idea.

Another voice echoed in the air. "Are you kidding? That's probably all he thinks about when he's around you." Will came strolling outside, probably looking for us.

"Will I swear.."

At first I thought it was so weird but then when thinking about Max being the one... My heart was beating fast against my chest and my face was becoming even more red from the stupid thoughts in my head.

"What? It's the truth. At first a wolf just wants to be around his mate but when they complete the bond they grow closer and after a while the temptation is too strong." Will teased.

"She didn't need to know that." Max was back to glaring at Will.

My words were caught in my throat.

"Ha, you're so cute when you're blushing Alex." Will was pinned up against a tree by Max just before he could finish his sentence.

"Poor Alex, having to deal with such a jealous and possessive mate."

Max let go of him. "You have got to stop talking one day."

"Yeah, just not any time soon, come onn what's so wrong with her knowing about your werewolf side?" Will looked at me.

"The problem is that it doesn't change anything. If Isaac smells me on her he will know."

"That was a year ago. He might understand." Will tried to rationalize.

"I'm not willing to take the risk. I'm not putting her in any danger until I have a plan."

"I would come up with one quickly if I were you. Until then, you never know, I could steal her from you."

What the hell was Will thinking.

Max sighed. "You know, if you were being serious you would probably be dead by now."

"Ouch. How do you know I'm not?" Will smirked.

"Simple my friend." Max put his shoulder around Will, making him finally wipe that confident look off his face. "Eva."

"Who's Eva?" I asked.

"This idiot's mate." Max took his arm away from around Will and patted him on the back.

"Idiot? Who are you calling an idiot."

I laughed watching the banter between the two.

"Come on, let's go back in." Will smiled back at me.

I followed the two werewolves. Thinking back at how crazy my life had gotten in such a short period of time. Yet somehow, this felt right like I had finally found my place.