Chapter 18

I had changed from my sweaty clothes and rushed out of the changing rooms. I needed to see Max, I don't know if it was because the bond was growing stronger since it felt that way, but I had to find him...  to thank him for the water of course.

Bursting through the cafeteria doors, I looked around nervously as a few heads turned towards me. He wasn't here.

I was gone as quickly as I had got there. Where was he?

After a while of wandering around aimlessly searching for him in the hallways, I gave up and started eating my lunch in a classroom. I didn't feel like eating with the others especially since he wasn't there and Cathy had already talked my ear off about what she was getting as a present for Christmas.

I couldn't help but think about everything, like how I was stuck not knowing what was going on between me and Max, or even if there was anything going on, what was going to happen with Isaac and how much I hoped the pack would be safe from the Red Moon pack.

Deciding to brush away the thoughts I grabbed my backpack and walked towards the library. Our exams were next week and I didn't want to fail.

The quiet and silence was relaxing as I entered the room with a completely different atmosphere to the rest of the school. The library had always been my escape in my past school and it surprised me that I hadn't gone to this one yet. I smiled as I thought about how grateful I was to have my friends, even if half of them were hairy werewolves..

My hands traced the books on the shelf containing a bunch of revision books as I looked for the one I was missing. When I found it and added it to the pile I was carrying I looked for a quiet corner to settle in. Because I mean, who needs tables when you can sit in the back all alone on the floor?

At the back of the library was a small couch with some large pillows on the floor. I took one of them and walked a bit further into the far corner to settle down. After plugging in my headphones and playing my favourite song, I hummed as I opened a notebook, taking notes of important areas that would probably come up on the test.

I hadn't noticed the figure right next to me until they pulled out my headphones. My eyes met too crystal ones as a smile made it's way onto both our lips.

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked.

"You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away smugly.

Max moved closer to me until his face was right in front of mine.

"You're saying you don't think about me?" He smirked, fully knowing what the proximity was doing to me.

This guy was seriously unreadable, I mean, he was shy and super awkward when he nearly kissed me that night and we still hadn't talked about that, then he told me he didn't want to stay away from me and yet now he was teasing me like it meant nothing. He was shy, protective and arrogant all at the same time.

"I don't, why? Did you want me to?" I Regained my composure as I moved even closer, our lips nearly touching.

"Tsk, you're playing a dangerous game Alexa." He said as he moved away.

I don't know why I felt a pang of disappointment. We had told each other we cared about each other but for all I knew it was just because of the bond  and he didn't actually want anything more. I wasn't a werewolf so it was really confusing for me.

I looked back down at my notes. "What are you doing here anyway?"

"I was here before you you know, studying."

I looked up. "You were studying?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, why? Is that so unbelievable?"