Chapter 8

Alexa's PoV

I woke up that morning, exhausted and with a splitting headache. Will drove me home last friday after the party ended. Max didn't even show up after I last saw him though. Ace was mad at him, but not surprised.

I spent the whole weekend in bed, feeling sick. The headache was just a plus.

I groaned as I rolled out of bed, pulling the comforter off of me.

I hadn't even slept much as I kept replaying friday's events over and over again.

I walked into the kitchen, the cold tiled floor nipping at my bare feet.

I grabbed a glass of water and swallowed some painkillers wishing the pain would go away.

My eyes looked up at the clock. Six in the morning?! Damn..

My feet carried me back to my warm bed.

Just ten more minutes.

.... Or thirty.

Nope, someone must hate me because I heard a crash from downstairs. The noise echoed in my ears.

"I'm up, I'm up geez." I muttered.

I found Matt cooking breakfast whilst my mom watched something on her phone, a frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" I wondered. A worried look slipping onto my face.

"Yeah, it's just tough at work, so I'm tired." She looked up at me, "thanks for worrying, but how about you?"

"Huh?" For some reason, that took me by surprise.

"I saw you walk downstairs, what are you doing up so early, you have another hour to sleep?"

"I just have a headache, don't worry about me." I smiled, walking forward to hug her.

There was a lot going on with the trio but I didn't want to worry my mum. I kept referring to them as that, well, it works.

She held me tightly, "tell me if you need anything."

"Of course." I nodded.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal before getting ready for school and heading out. Not before saying bye to my mom and Matt though, who waved as I walked out.

I was wearing blue jeans paired with white vans and a cropped burgundy jumper, which covered my stomach completely though as it was too cold right now.

I held my arms around myself trying to warm up as I waited at the bus stop.

When the bus finally arrived, I hopped onto it. Sighing as the heat warmed my cheeks.

I sat in my usual seat, staring out the window.

The bus stopped again at the next stop, where Isaac and Ace got on.

Where's Max?

Why did I care? He had basically abandoned me last night. I was still confused at the emotions that had suddenly overwhelmed me that night. It's like out of nowhere all the intrigue and pull I had towards him multiplied by a thousand, no, a million.