Chapter 27

We were finally back. There wasn't really any snow here and it was mostly ice that set a deadly trap so that everyone would trip.

I came in through the front door, catching the attention of my mom and Matt who were sat by the fire.

"Sweetie you're back!" My mom pulled me into a tight hug after she stood up.

"Hey, how have things been around here without me?" I asked as I saw Matt stand up smiling behind my mom.

"We all missed you. It was a mess obviously." He gave me a nod- his way of saying hello.

I knew he was just saying that to please me so that I thought that I was important to the family, which I was, but like I was holding it all together. The thought brought joy to my heart as I pulled away from my mom's embrace.

"I missed everyone too." I smiled.

"Where's Lily?" I asked as I looked around.

"She's sleeping. She has been napping the entire week, I honestly don't know how she manages to get a night's sleep after that." Matt shook his head.

I laughed, enjoying being back home.

~~~~~

Max's PoV

We returned inside the pack house and put our stuff back into our rooms. I was glad to be back, but I would never forget what happened in France.

I smiled remembering it until I felt the pack's alarm.

My mood instantly dropped, unhappy to have thoughts of my mate interrupted but I rushed down the stairs in fear of what was going on.

The house was awkwardly silent. Too silent.

My feet made it's way outside onto the patio, where I found everyone aligned and staring into the forest's edge.

I didn't dare to ask what was going on as I followed their line of sight.

A black shadow formed as it seemed to be getting closer to us.

The form grew bigger and taller as it crept towards us. A lump formed in my throat that I couldn't swallow as it stayed there reminding me that I was anxious in anticipation.

I smelt blood and I was pretty sure everyone did as they shifted their position into a defensive one.

The wolf had made its way onto our territory and we could see it limping as its right, front paw was injured.

It had come significantly closer when we could finally make out who it was.

Ace gasped, "What's the Red Moon Pack's Alpha doing here?"

Even though Isaac had been the whole reason I was worried about being with Lex, I couldn't deny that he was a great Alpha and we could count on him in situations like these.

Isaac took a pair of shorts and threw it out at the wolf. Since we couldn't really feel too cold the wolf would survive the cold winter air.

He shifted and put the shorts on.

I had never seen the alpha before, so this was my first time seing him. His black, short hair was flowing loosely in the wind, he was tanned and quite tall, about Isaac's height since they were both alphas.