Chapter 6

Max's PoV

(One day ago)

I was sitting on the roof of the pack house, admiring the crescent shape in the sky. This was my favourite thing to do as I could forget about everything going on whilst staring at the vast universe. Something about this seemed to calm me as no one knew I liked to come here.

Right now I was feeling really aggravated after the past two days so I had come here to collect my thoughts. I never really paid attention to girls because I found them annoying, but this one had seriously got on my nerves.

I didn't talk much hoping people would leave me alone, but for the first time I actually wanted to interrupt an argument going on on that bus. It definitely wasn't because I was shy that I stayed quiet usually, I was just hoping people would then ignore me, but it didn't seem to work.

Why was this girl stuck on my mind? I knew she had caught me staring at her today and just the thought irritated me for some reason. I should be worrying about more important things, like the fact that I was turning seventeen in four days. Was I going to find my mate? Was I actually going to like her more than other girls? Those questions circled in my head. I didn't quite understand how I would end up liking someone so much, I found the idea of a mate quite pointless, but I wasn't cruel enough to reject her. I just wondered what pack she would be from. Hopefully not an enemy pack. Especially the Red Moon Pack. I remember how I was wandering around earlier and found two wolves going after her. Why did Alexa have to move in so close?

I hope I don't run into her anymore.

That girl has a gift for getting herself into trouble.

Then a frightening thought crossed my mind, what if my mate was human? Isaac would probably banish me from the pack. I don't want to end up a rogue. But I understand him, I know why and... I can't imagine what happened to him. It must have been horrible.

I thought back to how I overheard Ace planning a party for my birthday. I really hated parties. People getting drunk illegally. Couples, or even strangers, grinding on the dance floor.

I considered not showing up, but they invited so many people, what if my mate was going to be there? I wondered if I was going to be one of those wolves who didn't find his mate until later in life. To be honest, I didn't really care.

I didn't care about people, that's why I didn't mind being a beta. It was easier this way. Although it actually surprised me when Alexa called Isaac heartless. That boy that Isaac was trying to teach a lesson was a rogue who had attacked our pack earlier. Isaac was simply making sure he knew that wouldn't be allowed in our pack. But this stupid girl didn't know that.

Isaac is really young for an alpha, so many people try to challenge him underestimating him for being weak all the time. He has to prove that he is strong enough to protect our pack. Although we already know that since there's a good reason he became an alpha so young. He's actually stronger and more fierce than others but they aren't aware of that.

That night, I kept thinking of everything. The recent attacks, my birthday and... unfortunately.. why I was drawn to that girl.

~~~~

Really short chapter just to explain things.

So, do you guys like Max's pov?

Don't forget to like and comment!
-Bella