Chapter 7

Alexa's PoV

The rest of the week had passed by quickly. School was boring. Luckily I didn't really run into the trio much after monday and we ignored each other at lunch.

However, my rest from all the drama that had happened was over as today was friday. The boys didn't really make a huge deal of Max's birthday at school, but that would probably be different at the party.

The party was at eight, Cathy had told me she would be over at six, basically not giving me a choice to disagree.

I heard the doorbell ring as I opened it to reveal a way too overexcited Cathy, grinning from ear to ear. Will was stood behind her, sighing as his sister pushed him inside.

"Hey, what's Will doing here? Shouldn't you be there already with your friends?" I questioned.

"Nope, I'm your ride." Will answered, scanning the inside of my house. "Not bad." He nodded in approvement.

"Come on, we don't have time for this, we have to get ready!" Cathy ushered me upstairs like she knew where she was going.

I brought her into my room as she dropped a bag filled with makeup on my desk. "Okay so, we start with your makeup and then your hair."

"But I don't even want to go, why bother doing my hair?"

"You wanted to go until my brother mentioned it was Max's birthday, plus you're going so you might as well look stunning and make an entrance."

Cathy ignored all my disapproving comments about how I didn't want to stand out and just wanted to hide in the shadows as parties weren't my thing.

She settled for some mascara, eyeliner and light, red lipgloss as she mentioned how it would suit my dress more. Then, to keep the natural look that I liked, she gently curled the ends of my hair so that they flowed beautifully down my shoulders in light curls.

I had to admit, I was impressed. This girl had skills.

"Wow thank you." I said after I was finished with my outfit. I really loved this dress too, it reminded me of the midnight blue sky at night. Something I liked to watch often to help me sleep.

"No problem, your blond hair really adds to the whole look though, it's such a nice shade as well."

"Um, thanks." I said dryly, not knowing how to respond to all the praise and compliments.

After getting a "Hurry up!" from Will downstairs, Cathy quickly put on her emerald dress that really complimented her green eyes and waved her shoulder length, blond hair (which was a much lighter shade than mine). She had already put on makeup before coming here, her red lipstick standing out. She paired her outfit with some heels whilst I opted for black flats.

We hurried downstairs and went straight to the car parked in front. Will glared at us for being fifteen minutes late as he drove us to the party. Surprisingly, he had only gone along the main road for like five minutes before turning left into the woods that were around my house. "Wait, where are we going?" I wondered.

"Did you not know he lived close by?" Will grinned.

"No.. But why in the middle of the woods?" We had driven quite far into the woods, it was almost starting to scare me a bit.

Finally we came across a huge house. That's when I realized that everyone that sat at the table we had lunch on with us had a huge house, mine being the smallest..

Just how rich was everyone here?

I watched the house that towered over me, it was made of a mix between the colour of the dark wood and grey walls, the fading blue door being the thing that stood out.