Ice-Breaker

Chapter Six

Slap. She slaps me. Hard, loud, and with a crack of my jaw, my head snaps to the direction of Jimin who's vision shakes. Park Jimin mimics the rest of the party, who in light and in silence see what happens next.

With a burning tingle on my flesh, I hold my glass to my face, fingernails tracing parts of my cheekbone that reddens with blood. Jumbled eyes gazing forward, the wind is knocked out of me and I retrieve. Composing myself but failing. First breathless from the slap, now breathless when getting a better look of the one who hit me—her eyes, her lips, her nose, her hair—she's beautiful.

But I can't relish in any of it long. My brows knit, forehead crinkles. I see the pain and hurt in her sea-like eyes that rain down onto her cheeks. Streams. Oceans. Water.

"Who are you?" is the only thing I muster to ask.

Her bottom lip quivers from the pain she feels at her heart. "I'm the girl whose life you just ruined," spits irk Taehyung's face; the ocean becoming a sea. Streams. Seas. Water.

I, the boy stare at her stunning eyes and realize I need to swim.

"I think you knocked the sanity outta him! Lady what's your issue?" Park Jimin barks, eyes wide while staring at mine that blink—a glitching robot I am while containing myself from staring so long and hard over at the girl before me. The one who slapped me.

"What's my issue?" she screams, she screams loud and throws herself towards Jimin, "What's my issue—you motherfu—"

"Woah, woah, wait—" Jungkook's arms hug her waist, he pulls her back and suddenly, I'm gawking over at my friend in confusion. Jeon Jungkook stares up at me in horror, tames his friend in his arms and goes, "What did you do Taehyung?!"

"You know him?" the girl asks, pained and looking to Jungkook in confusion.

"I don't know!" I yell. I'm no longer enticed by her beauty. I'm no longer fluttering eyelashes to memorize her features. I'm no way in hell wanting to swim. Now, with harsh eyes, I bark, "What the fuck you slap me for?"

Jungkook's brows jump large, hugging the girl into his chest. I take in that I've just swore, but that happens when I'm angry and confused, and I don't know—slapped for no fucking reason I know of. Ignoring the first-year's eyes, I scream again, "Who the fuck are you?"

The girl growls, leaves Jungkook arms and leaps over to me again. I trip backwards, 'manly' and pulling out any strength I can, but also terrified and not wanting to sucker-punch a stranger. I fall back and Jimin holds me.

"Yo yo, chill," Hoseok's cooing now, running to me in all the commotion. He still has a girl wrapped around his arm, however. The same girl I left twerking alone. "What's going on?"

"Just a causal party night," I mumble, "Being slapped and being clueless regarding why. How has your night been?"

"Wha—" Hoseok is interrupted when the girl's trembling lips part. She makes everyone jump while shouting, "I have my reasons you asshole!"

"Asshole? He doesn't even know you!" Jin's here now. By Hoseok's side, awkward and trying to soothe the situation—but clearly not helping as the girl threatens to jump at the older man. She slaps her foot forward, cocks her jaw, and Jin does what I did earlier. He trips back.

"He may not know me—" the girl shakes so much. My eyes soften just a little. "He may n-not," hiccup, "But he sure as hell knows my boyfriend."