Make a Fool of Myself

[ unedited ]

Chapter Twenty-Nine

The last Monday class, the last Psychology class, you travel with a completed assignment. As you circle near the library with a stapled copy, a face brightens, seeing your feet pat on the ground and rush away. He chuckles, shakes his head and runs after you. As you turn a corner, Jason's hands grab your arm. "Almost ditched you there," you cutely say. The boy lets go, leans against the bricks by your head and asks, "May I ask why you're so eager to avoid me?"

You grow hot. His dimples are back, and you try not remembering last night where ice cream fell onto his chin. Glancing up to his eyes, it's then you notice him too close. Sinking in behind you, you say, "I'm scared you'll try to kiss me again. We can't have the same mistakes from last night happen today."

The boy glints in amusement. His arms fall to his side, feet take steps back. If you look long enough at his cheeks, redness can be seen around his freckles. "Yeah, I don't know what got over me for a second there," he shrugs, puckers his lips, and says, "I'm just glad you're a strong one...no kissing on the first date, huh?"

You blink. "Y-Yeah," your thoughts remember Taehyung's bitter mouth, his flushed lips, and your clutched thighs around the boy on Jin's van. A first date...that wasn't a date. Now redness glues to you when imagining Taehyung's whispers, his grunts, and the eagerness he flamed kissing the sensitive bits of your neck. "I'm a strong one," you say with a forced smile.

"You headin' over to class? Want me to walk you?" Jason glances to the sheets in your hand. You zone away from the memories that make your heart flutter and focus on the nice boy who gives you his attention. You smile and nod, "I'd like that." Stop thinking about Taehyung!

As he walks next to you, there are glances Jason takes that you notice from side-eyes. When you peep and expect him to smile, surprise takes you for concern when he looks stressed, conflicted, and in thoughts that cause his nails to scratch the back of his neck. "Everything okay?" you ask, to which he says, "Y-Yeah, I'm—sorry, I was..." his eyes dart all over your face, "I got distracted."

"By what?"

Jason swallows and looks forward. "You're just, you're really nice."

Your brows knit. Chuckling, you accept the random compliment. "Thanks, you're really sweet yourself," and a nudge enacts by your naked shoulder to his. He wears a fuzzy crewneck that tickles your skin if too close. The floral dress constantly catching Jason's eyes.

"I'm not that nice of a guy." His jaw flicks. Your confusion transforms again.

"You sure everything's okay?"

Jason closes his mouth, smiles, but his dimples don't show. Hazel eyes render your face again, taking a moment to sigh from pouting lips. "Everything will be...I hope," there's a twinkle in his eyes as he finishes, "I hope you stay smiling. You have a pretty smile."

You giggle. "Ease up with the compliments. You're doing what you did last night again."

Jason's dimples are back. "What did I do?"

Your amusement follows through the new building. He holds the doors for you while walking. "You kept staring off into the distance, which, if we think about, caused the ice-cream to spill? Then you went on and on about compliments thinking I'd let you kiss me? I'm not stupid mister." You think to his dreamy charm as a tactic to flirt, to add mystery, and to reel you in. Truths unknown to you dwell in Jason's absent-mind, however.

"Did you have fun last night?"

Nod. "You made my night."

Jason continues his cute smile. "You made mine too."