Humble

Chapter Thirteen

[ Two months later ]

Whitey doesn't touch Taehyung's nose no more. He's back away from between Ella's legs, and the vodka that would usually goes with it. Taehyung's back to normal. Whatever that normal is.

It's been two months of slowly handing in assignments that he notes to never have late again. Every time Taehyung slips into temptation, he forces himself to fix this time of the school year. I'm not going to have this semester fail again, he says to motivate himself, Not again.

Running, he's running in the hallways and bumping shoulders with many faces he doesn't know. "Jun—" He's thrashes into a shoulder that hurls over a Louis Vuitton bag. Taehyung's nose crinkles as he steps aside and rushes after his friend faster. Jeon Jungkook has been avoiding him for two months.

Ever since their fight, neither spoke to the other for a full month. As soon as Taehyung got off the lasting aftermath of drugs and pain, sober mind and self-pity drove him in wanting his friend back.

Taehyung's been an: overly friendly puppy to Jungkook's: stressed kitten attitude. Wanting nothing to do with him, Jungkook has made it known.

"Jungkook! I'm done playing these games!" Taehyung hollers, breathing heavy. "Can you slow down so we can talk?"

Jungkook's back turns a corner. Groaning, Taehyung runs, slaps the dry paint on the wall and turns only to crash right into Jungkook's Gucci bag. Cursing over all the designer bags he's been in contact with, Taehyung shuffles off the ground and to his feet. At least I caught up to him today.

"Jungko—" Taehyung's already rosy cheeks render with more red. He sees the reason why his friend has stopped, and it isn't for him. Jungkook faces you, talking softly in your direction as a greeting. Swallowing hard, another constant that's been strong since these two months is avoiding you. Taehyung hasn't planned on ever talking about him visiting you drunk and high, nor the morning after where you pathetically fed him pancakes.

To be quite honest, he's succeeded in staying clear of you until this very moment.

Blurting to you, Taehyung says, "Hi," only to catch a glare from Jungkook who notices Taehyung's existence again.

"Ugh, you're still here?" Jungkook flinches, shoving his bag into Taehyung's chest that causes the boy to clumsily stumble back. Taehyung wants to point out that he was talking to you and not the rude first-year, but he bites back his tongue. The last he wants is to hit the floor again. Jungkook's a strong individual on his own, but adding anger, Taehyung would be broken. Literally.

You seem to flush in embarrassment when seeing Taehyung. Hugging books to your chest, you quickly peck Jungkook's cheek and wish him luck. Smiling kind in Taehyung's direction, it isn't a surprise the boy doesn't do anything but stare and watch you leave. Seeing him again after that one morning was going to be awkward. You knew of it. Were you prepared for it? No. So you rushed off, far away, leaving Jungkook to fend for himself.