Date-Searching-Night

Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

More uncomfortable than harsh, you say, "I asked you a question. What're you doing here?"

Taehyung's smile, charming as it is, dies. With a twitch of his body, he clears his throat and looks back up to speak. Before he can open his mouth, Jimin toots, "He came to apologize." With a glare in the direction of the friend that instantly melts in embarrassment, Taehyung says, "Y-Yes, I came to—"

Once more, Taehyung is suddenly breathless when hearing and seeing feet. Staring away from your obvious beauty, Taehyung catches a face he's  grown used to. Swallowing incredibly hard when catching Jungkook's shocked face, Taehyung finds his escape for help.

"Wha—" Jungkook's brows jump. His feet move fast, and his eyes are fixed on Taehyung who pleases, begging with gazes that the first-year understands completely.

Making his way over to hug the small of your back, he twirls you around in comfort away from the doorknob, so you won't slam it shut.

Your breath hitches, you body shielded as he whisper-yells to Taehyung, "Today? You planned your great-closure-time today? The day after her tragic birthday?"

Hissing back, Taehyung makes sure to keep his voice quiet. "Yes! Now help me."

You on the other hand, trying to look over Jungkook's shoulder and squirm, are held back strong and asking, "Jungkook, did you...?" The shock consumes you, unable to allow any sort of assumption cloud in winning.

But when Jungkook looks over and answers your question, eyes grow big. "Yes," he says with difficulty, finally looking back over towards you, "I gave him your address."

While you're swallowing that information in surprise, Jungkook's waving the two over behind his back, aggressively telling them to come in quick by pointing at the door. They do. Taehyung hops in, while Jimin closes the door as quietly as he can. From a third person's point of view, this process would've looked incredibly sketchy and troubling. Not to mention Jungkook's fingers that look to be throwing unknown gang signs.

"How could you do that?"

"For the reasons I told you about today," Jungkook whispers down at you, seeing fresh new tears starting to brew. "You know the truth...the truth of him not knowing...he's my friend and I trust him and his word on that."

"I-I can't."

"He just wants to talk, that's all. After a few minutes you won't ever have to see him again."

Jimin glances over at Taehyung who is tense, staring at Jungkook's back—trying to get a good look at you. One that he doesn't see anymore, only hears.

"I can't talk to him. I can't."

"Why? You understand he's done nothing wrong right?"

"Y-Yeah but..."