Hi

Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

You think it's Pela who rings for your apartment door to open. "Coming~" your voice announces, finally getting used to laughing again. With warm hands meeting the cold surface of the knob, you swing the wood open without hesitation. "I've been waiting all da—" You freeze. Eyes widening when spotting the figure who isn't Pela. You ask, "What're you doing here?"

The boy smiles. Nervous. Sweet. Charming. Kim Taehyung stands outside your door, only to say a gentle and deep, "Hi."

[7 hours earlier]

"No Taehyung, I'm not giving you her address!" Jungkook grumbles, rolling his eyes and starting to walk in the direction to his next class.

"Oh, come on! How many times does a man got to ask?"

"Man? I don't see no man."

Taehyung sighs, grabs onto Jungkook's bag only to have the boy flinch away. "Don't be touching my Gucci bag," the first-year hisses, "It cost me a fortune to get and I don't want your filthy-lyin'-ass-hands dirtying it up."

"First of all," Taehyung sighs, "I don't care for Gucci."

Jungkook rolls his eyes another time, purposely shifting in zig-zags within the hallway corners so he could have Taehyung's side hit. Once it happened a good two or three times, Jungkook grins to himself, feeling relief cleanse his pettiness. "Second?"

"Second," Taehyung mumbles, rubbing at his shoulder with a wince, "We both know that I didn't lie about anything. I didn't know Oki had a girlfriend—and I definitely didn't know that the girlfriend would end up being your friend!"

"Yeah yeah."

"You know I'm telling the truth about that," Taehyung says, catching up in walks right next to Jungkook who trails down fast. The boy has always been the fastest one out of all the friends.

"If it helps I'll talk to her, I'll clear your name if it's that important to you."

Taehyung nibbles on his lips. Shaking his head, he whispers, "That's the thing Jungkook, it's not about clearing my name. You know my thoughts on cheating and...I don't know, seeing how she was affected...seeing it all happen on her birthday? I just need to talk to her."

"Taehyu—"

"Please? Pretty please?"

"I don't thi—"

"Pretty pretty pretty please?"

Jungkook opens his mouth to speak but another voice patters in, including footsteps that race over in coolly fashion. "What you beggin' for little brother?" the voice chuckles, light and caring.

Taehyung's face falls more in stress than earlier. Glancing over awkwardly to spot Kim Namjoon.

Taehyung whispers , "Nothing. Just asking for homework notes."