03

Calm

Calm.

Jung Hoseok felt calm and free. Relaxed for the first time in a long time. He sunk deeper into the hot water of his bath. He felt so nice even if his bath was small that He had to scrunch up his legs. It wasn't that much of a problem. This was the only time he could ever fully relax.

It took him an hour to fill the tub every time he wanted one of these relaxing baths so he didn't do this often.

He had to boil the water to fill the bath since he didn't get hot water in his apartment. Regardless, Hoseok would always make the most of it; scattering rose petals into the water and maybe dropping a sparkly pink bath bomb in it if he felt especially down that day.

Today he did both, not because he was anymore tired than usual.

It was just that this morning he couldn't find any reason to get out of bed.

And that frightened him.

He had felt so unmotivated that he didn't want to get up but he didn't want to go back to sleep.

Perhaps he was tired.

He was probably just tired.

He'd been tired a lot lately.

He heard his phone alarm sound, effectively ripping him from his internal monologue.

Oh well, time to get ready for work.

Hoseok sighed and got out of the tub. He quickly ran to his room and grabbed a bright yellow towel, he had stolen from a hotel.

He felt bad for four days after doing that. He hopes the housekeeper didn't go through any trouble because he did that.

He didn't mean any trouble. He had just really liked the color. He figured its vibrant hue would stand out and brighten up his bland apartment. The walls and curtains hung gray in his bedroom. He used to go outside a lot more because of this, but he found the idea of getting out less and less exciting and more taxing.

He hasn't enjoyed any activities that he used to love for about two months. So he's been housed up in his apartment, alone for the most part. He has a cat, that he had named Pancake, that would come and go as she pleased. He was happy to feed her and took pride in the fact that he had someone to take care of. He had always been taken care of by his parents, every want and need to be doted on until he couldn't do anything for himself. He supposed it was all in his best interest but not that it mattered to him anyway, he had always liked the idea of being cared for.

He looked at his alarm clock, 3:14 pm, his first class would be starting at about 4 pm and ending at 6:30 pm. He had ample time to do what he needed. He quickly put on the outfit he had laid out before his bath.

He looked at his reflection in the mirror. A light grey hoodie with the silver 'PUMA' brand printed on the front, black joggers, and white sneakers. He was satisfied with the way he looked.