05

Bored

Bored.

Jeon Jungkook was bored with waiting to be promoted.

He wanted to be out catching criminals and making arrests, that's the reason he became a police officer in the first place. To protect the people; he was a loyal public servant.

A nearby ding ripped him from his thoughts.

He sighed and wrote out another ticket and placed it on the car's windshield. He checked the time.

He didn't go through six months Seoul Police Department Academy to become a meter maid. He checked his watch: 4:26. When will he be free from this hell?

"Hey! Hey! Are you serious? I was gone for like a second!" A random man, probably the owner of this car, shouted at Jungkook.

"I'm sorry, sir, but if you have a complaint about the penalty, please take it up with the number on the ticket," Jungkook said with less emotion than a moist bowl of cereal.

"You know what maybe I will, Jackass!" The guy snatched off the ticket and stomped to his car

door.

"Freaking meter maid.." the man grumbled and Jungkook became offended.

"I am not a meter maid! I- I am an officer! I have a b- badge!" Jungkook shouted blushing embarrassingly at the man.

Jungkook searched around for his badge and certification. He didn't know why he cared so much being called such a thing. It wasn't a terrible job but Jungkook felt that having the skills and connections he had, being reduced to a meter maid was demeaning. It was less to prove to the man he was a cop and more to prove it to himself. Where was his badge? He didn't take it off, did he?

"Hey meter maid! It's under your sash!" The guy shouted at Jungkook before chucking an iced tea at him, soaking his uniform and laughing heartily.

"H-hey! Asshole! You can't just-"

And with that the hoodlum sped off, leaving Jungkook standing in the middle of the street.

"I have your license plate numbers!" He shouted after the vehicle. "Oh, who cares?" Jungkook sniffles miserably.

A child and his mother walk past Jungkook. The mother goes up to her car to find a ticket in the windshield.

"How in the hell am I gonna get this dry cleaned on such short notice? And I haven't gotten paid yet..."Jungkook wondered out loud.

He feels a tug on his soggy pants and looks down to whatever is causing it.

It's a small child.

"Are you ok, mister?"

Jungkook's eyes softened and he sighed softly.

"Yes I'm alright, I guess. What about you, kid? Where's your mother?"